Coca-Cola Diamond Labels framed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
They are works of art indeed! It's just they were printed with a press, so there is more error and they let that go by easier than today by a much bigger standard. Today they are all picture taken on the conveyer belts at the factory and they toss any that have the slightest mess up(s)[;)]

AlexD

Reaction score
Ok guys, I have proof now they are real. I took one out of the frame, took some detailed photos and will upload them in a few minutes after they all upload to Photobucket so I can link them to here. Be sured to take a lot[;)] It's amazing, up to light you read from the back perfectly clear[:-]

AlexD

Reaction score
Proof[;)]

IMG_4771_zps3de4c292.jpg

IMG_4772_zps039329fe.jpg

IMG_4776_zps049b8b3c.jpg

IMG_4773_zpsc754b0b3.jpg

IMG_4774_zpseaa8ca58.jpg

AlexD

Reaction score
Ok now I'm really confused. I took a look at them and the miss-printed spots are nearly the same. It also seems at least 1 is an error? The text is over the lines where it says "COCA COLA CO. ATLANTA. GA". The script is blue on some and black on others. The trade mark on some is centered and on others it's not. Would like to say all of this is just from being different years within 1917-19 and bring printed on a press, but I just don't know!

printing_press_1900s.jpg

AlexD

Reaction score
They are real it appears, sorry about all the fuss. I think the different markings and placing of designs are from being in different years. If you look at the lists of them from the years, they change about every 3-5 years, most of the placing fit the ones from those years before this design. I had taken another out of the frame and the paper is so thin you have to be careful to not tare it. You could rip it just with your fingernails. Thanks everyone for the replies. So relieved [sm=tongue.gif][&o] I'm trying to sell them all for at least a total $1,000. I'm starting my own retail site so the $1,000 will be a big help. My sister is in high school, turning 18 next year and I want to buy her a car for her Birthday with the money I get from the sales if everything goes as planed. That's why I was pushing these so much. Thanks everyone and hope to sell some soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday