Coca-Cola Diamond Labels framed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
Also like to point these ones are cut very bad too, many of the others are more centered [;)]

epackage

Reaction score
I think you're talking yourself out of believing they are the real deal...[8D]

AlexD

Reaction score
What do you think of them personally? Truthfully I believe they are 100% real, I don't see why there's such a fuss over them.[8|] I've sold two of them before for $80-$89 each, same frame and everything. The two people who bought them seemed pretty happy with 'um.[&:]

epackage

Reaction score
I don't know since I've never seen a real one up close and studied it, if two other people you sold them to think they're the real thing maybe they are. If they said Paterson on them I could tell you for sure...[;)]

AlexD

Reaction score
Haha, I'm kind of making a fuss out of it myself, I'll admit. I don't want people to think I'm a scammer selling $5 fakes for $100[;)]

GACDIG

Reaction score
This is from a post several week ago and this is how you tell the real labels for the fake ones. In the real label the bar from the C in Cola is solid as it goes through the L in Cola. The fake label has the break in the lines of the bar as it goes through the L.
gac

ORIGINAL: GACDIG

Petretti's Coca-Cola book make the same claim as Reggie on which lable is original, the one on the right.
ORIGINAL: SODAPOPBOB

Just for the record I want to correct myself when I said I got the two Coca Cola label pictures from Digger O'Dells website. They actually came from Reggie Lynch's website. I sometimes get my Digger's and my Reggie's mixed up. Sorry bout that. [:D] By the way, I sent Reggie an inquiry and asked him to take a look at the e-bay bottle and see what he thought about it. I will let you know if/when I hear back from him.

SPBOB

ORIGINAL: SODAPOPBOB

And this is from Digger O'Dell's website showing a fake label on the left and a real label on the right.
9D9B1A6DA11846388F1B629FD647EE2C.jpg

AlexD

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, but I took a look at mine and the pictures I've posted of the real/fakes from other sites and it seems they all, up close, have this break and solid "C" it talked about. Look at the picture I posted that has 3 pictures, the fake is on the Blue and the real is in the plastic casing, or what's believed to be real. The fake is more filled in than the real![:-] Another collector's site has the label with the script broken. (If anyone here has the Petretti's guild, go to page 337). Another thing is the labels on those bottles you posted about were different, take a look at the "H" in the signature. That one was from 1915-1917. The lines too in the background, these are very thin and broken, the fakes are thinker and nearly perfect. Then again, the paper was kind of heavy, could've just been me.[8|] I don't really want to take them out of the frame, I have them set up to they're freely mounted inside a plastic sleeve, with the sleeve taped to a sheet of white paper (so nothing would slide around), I really don't want to rip up everything. I think it's easier to tell from the front. The printing error over the "O" again, I can't say a new aged machine would do that in the same place over not only on mine but other people's labels too. Sure, it might sound crazy, but this is almost 100 years ago when everything has hand printed.

Coca-Cola factory from then [sm=lol.gif]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYbsBcPDVQM

AlexD

Reaction score
Coke plant bottling the HobbleSkirts in 1919 (same year they stopped making these labels) in a town not too far from where I live now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOxt2s7p5vg
Look at those cars[8D]

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GACDIG

This is from a post several week ago and this is how you tell the real labels for the fake ones. In the real label the bar from the C in Cola is solid as it goes through the L in Cola. The fake label has the break in the lines of the bar as it goes through the L.
gac

9D9B1A6DA11846388F1B629FD647EE2C.jpg
These are not the same labels as Alex's, they are different signatures...

AlexD

Reaction score
The one I posted before in the forum in the silver frame is the old label I had that was real. A close up of the lines and the "C" and "L" in the ones I have now. Looks real to me[>:]

IMG_4770_zps3160566c.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday