Coca-Cola Diamond Labels framed

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
My listing that has pictures of the real one (I'm using the same pictures, they're exactly the same and I have that the aging is different yet the same amount. The ones that are stained I will use different pictures). Take a look at picture number 6.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290819632895?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

$99.99 with make an offer, will take less of course[;)] And please don't give me trouble about how it's fake and I shouldn't use the same pictures. I originally forgot to put in the description that the aging was different and the person who bought it messaged me and asked about it. He was from the Netherlands and he paid $80.00 for the label and $49.00 shipping[:-] I told them what happened and they were still very happy. Same label, same design, same amount of aged spots/defects (which once again, I do have in the description that the aging is different) same everything. The ones that have the stains, I will take a different picture.

One I sold before. Sold two of these in the past, both buyers were very happy. I only had to list them in an auction two or three times, sold pretty fast.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-1917-1919-Coca-Cola-Coke-SS-Straight-Sided-Bottle-Label-RARE-VINTAGE-/290779571246

celerycola

Reaction score
I like the sign with the straightside bottle and Spanish lettering.
ORIGINAL: AlexD

Coke plant bottling the HobbleSkirts in 1919 (same year they stopped making these labels) in a town not too far from where I live now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOxt2s7p5vg
Look at those cars[8D]

Eric

Reaction score
If you're going by the 2 examples then your's is fake because they have the break.
Isn't that what they are saying?.. the C and L in the real ones touch.... The ones in the frames
don't.

AlexD

Reaction score
May I ask what you think of the labels, celerycola? It means a lot to me to have good products and a good relationship with my customers for products like this. I want to get the people to see they are what they really are, since there's mixed thoughts on these.

Again, I bought them how I bought them. I did NOT make or fake by printing, I promise. Just framed to make things easier (and so I don't end up with one missing behind the book case or something [sm=rolleyes.gif])

AlexD

Reaction score
This is a different design than the one that's solid. Those are the older design, with a different signature and content amount. These type do have the break in them.

AlexD

Reaction score
BEFORE YOU POST PLEASE READ THIS. FACTS THAT WE KNOW SO FAR

Info about these that I know and is basically what I and others said in the last posts:

+The lines in the background are BROKEN, which it has to be a printed fake in order for this, *NOT* the 60's repo ones.

They have a different signature than the others, look at the "H".

The paper DID seem somewhat thick when I was framing these, it may have just been my imagination. They were in a small zip lock bag and I took them out and framed one by one. I don't remember and I don't want to have to tear them our of the frame and have to re-frame them. They have to be in a certain way so they don't slide around or display wrong.

The thing about the "C" and the "L" being solid does **NOT** apply to this style. The real and fake both are broken.

I bought 11 of these in a lot from a woman who sells vintage clothes and, no offense, I don't think she really knew what they were. I highly doubt she would try to sell me fakes to rip me off.

I did NO other work on these other than the framing, exactly how I bought them. The auctions that I bought them from: PLEASE LOOK AT BOTH AUCTIONS AND ALL THE PICTURES. http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Vintage-Coca-Cola-Atlanta-GA-Paper-Labels-for-6-oz-Bottles-Copyr-1907-/160917631629?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=0dvYEgt4ATcFTYuOsJG6hw05%2FcE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Vintage-Coca-Cola-Atlanta-GA-Paper-Labels-for-6-oz-Bottles-Copyr-1907-/160911693468?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&nma=true&si=0dvYEgt4ATcFTYuOsJG6hw05%2FcE%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I've sold two of these same style back in the past with no problems, both the people were extremely happy with them. One paid $40 shipping to the Netherlands as well as $80 for the label it's self.

I've owned both real and fake, both the 1917 style and 1960's style. I remember the 60's being thick with perfect lines in the back, unlike these.

They are framed freely mounted, no clue or tape on the label it's self (they are in a plastic sleeve, with the sleeve taped down as well as paper taped down) so I don't loose any as well as they display better that way.

$T2eC16RHJGwE9n)yTUg2BQjq(-IcFg~~60_57.JPG

celerycola

Reaction score
I think you're making a mistake in believing hundred year old labels would be poor quality. I have many labels from this period that show outstanding workmanship and I'm sure as much as Coca-Cola protected their trademark they could afford quality lithographed labels. Most of the Coca-Cola labels I see advertised as original look very much like the ones a man I know had printed in 1970 and sold by the dozen. For small lot printing in 1970 he could not afford high-end lithography.

In 1912 the Birmingham Coca-Cola Bottling Company sold fifty thousand bottles a day – all straight sides with labels. That is a million bottles a month for a single bottler. These labels were produced by the millions and high-end lithography was cheap in this quantity.

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I know nothing about cokes or labels but your posts confuse me a bit.
If you are not positive your labels are authentic then why would you be advertising and selling them as such?
If you are positive they are original then why would you be asking people here if they think they are real?

Eric

Reaction score
On this real one the “Reg. U.S. Pat. Off and copyright...†text is larger/longer and slightly off center... compared to your labels.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday