coke bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

auron

Reaction score
i have an old coke bottle with dec 25 1923 wrote on the front the bottom says cincinatti and cleveland wrote on it i was wondering how much its worth i also have an old clorox bottle thats brown with a cork top

flasherr

Reaction score
"NOV.16 1915" were produced from 1917 to 1928.
"DEC. 25 1923" (called the "Christmas Cokes") were produced from 1928 to 1938. Must be careful since reproductions of the 1923 Cokes were produced in 1989. Easiest way to spot a repro is by looking at the base of the bottle. The City/State letters are smaller on the repro. Repro also has a circular line joining the State and City names.
"PAT. D 105529" (called the "D-Patent Cokes") were produced from 1938 to 1951.
"US PATENT OFFICE / MIN CONTENTS 6 FL OZ" were produced from 1951 to 1958.
"US PATENT OFFICE / MIN CONTENTS 6 1/2 FL OZ" were produced from 1958 to 1965.
Later hobble-skirt bottles (i.e. Dec 25 1923 patent and later) all have a green tint color. One exception are those produced during 1942-45; these were blue due to the copper shortage for WWII (copper gives the green color).

http://www.antiquebottles.com/coke/

The above info was taken from this link. It will help you to figure out wich is origional and reproductions. it also has more info on coke bottles. Hope this helps
Brian

flasherr

Reaction score
I am not into hobbleskirts. there is a book that will give you value on them. I plan to order it so I have an idea of what is good and what isn't. In my opinion most are worthless but that is my opinion a lot would say my acl bottles are worthless. But there are hard to get towns that collectors will pay big bucks for. Sorry i don't have any more info than that for you
Brian

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
Thanks for the info Brian.
I just found one of my ACL sold for $50.00 on E-bay just a few days ago![:)]
The Fullerton beverage co. Roseburg ore item number 6107631409.
I have a few others i'm hoping will even do better. I guess I did ok on that garage sale fine after all.
Thanks again for all your help. Now to start up my E-bay site.
Glen

flasherr

Reaction score
Wow I would have sold that bottle for $5 or less. I need to invest in a painted label soda book. You showed some nice bottles in your pictures. It is a nice clean bottle but no special graphics or anything special about it from what I can see. so as you can tell it is good to research before you sell.
Brian

Humabdos

Reaction score
Greenville Texas The Blackest land whitest people
Yes, I was a bit surprised at that Now that I look at that bottle a bit closer it really is a nice bottle. It's narrower than most bottles and very thick glass. The one I have is in mint condition! not a mark or scratch on it. Under Roseburg it says Timber capital of the USA. That could give it a higher value maybe.
Glen

auron

Reaction score
mine is definitely an original i found it along with about 20 other various bottles ranging from painted label pepsi bottles and royal crown i also have a pepsi bottle with the letters raised on the front and back all of theses were dug up on my jobsite in a sistern from a house tore down in the 30s

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter