collection just purchased

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BARQS19

Reaction score
If you read under collectors chat section and look at the pic, I just bought a huge collection of bottles. There are a good bit of jars many good ones, ones that I am looking at now are an amber globe? and a olive ball jar? Lots of names I've never heard of Root? Lighting? Probably 100 or so not sure yet. When I get everything out I will send pics. I know nothing about jars.
Robert
Barqs19

Lj22791.jpg

BARQS19

Reaction score
wow that's good to know When I get home I'll post more pics, will take a while, they all have about 10 years of dust on them and need to be wiped off.
Robert

BARQS19

Reaction score
Here is one jar that I picked up off the pile today when I got home with the second load. It is a honey amber Masons, then some sort of a symbol, looks like a paper clip with a C through it? then patent Nov 30th 1858. There are also salesman samples of fruit jars like ball and some others, are they worth anything? Is there a book somewhere I can look this stuff up with?

Ec87372.jpg

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Good stuff Barq! Some of those jars are worth a chunk of change... You need a copy of "The collectors guide to old fruit jars" commonly called the red book by author Douglas M. Leybourne, Jr. It has all the pix descriptions and prices. Taz

kastoo

Reaction score
I'll bet that's worth a mint being amber..first one like that in amber I've seen

BARQS19

Reaction score
damn! I might end up having fun with this. I will get that book before attempting to do anything to try and get an idea. I will still post pics on here once I get it all sorted out hopefully today.
Robert
barqs19

BARQS19

Reaction score
Here is a jar that I just found in the pile that struck me as being rather odd. It is a small Mason's Patent Nov. 30th 1858 jar. On the back it has the iron cross.The lid looks like a top hat and on the bottom it says PAT NOV 46 2c c7. Any idea on what this one is and it's age, value? It stands at almost 6in. tall.
Thanks,
Robert
barqs19

Ki19484.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19484.jpg
    Ki19484.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 102

GuntherHess

Reaction score
That is a midget jar. They tend to be early jars.
They are pretty collectible especially if the lids are in good shape.
Some mason lids are harder to find than the jars.
You can probably get an idea of values for many jars off ebay.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1