Corning glass museum eyecandy....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

surfaceone

Reaction score
red__heart_lg.jpg
Thanks for the tour. Great photos.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
RE: Corning glass museum eyecandy.... BONUS SHOW ON GLASS ON TV

Another good way to beat the winter blues. Also go back in the summer sometime. The area is great with Corning, hiking in Watkin's Glen, finger lakes, wineries and huge waterfalls.

Digswithstick

Reaction score

Great show ,amazing collection ,thanks for great post .That scale model glass blowing operation is awesome .Wish i would have seen the TV program ,i collect GBBA Union Bottles ,but thanks for info on content .Great pictures too !
m16.gif

bottlediger

Reaction score

Very nice pics. I try to go to their once a year. Looks like you missed the blue columbian eagle though, very impressive bottle. It was in a werid spot if I recall correctly

digger ry

appliedlips

Reaction score
Thanks for the great tour Joe. I have never been lucky enough to make it up there but would love to. Can you or anyone identify the yellow green beaded edge flask in the upper right. It looks like a real show stopper, it's a crime to not have it displayed where it cannot be veiwed, in the same case that has some common aqua flasks in the front row.

ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

850AB0BC175747959F57287BC1F6958E.jpg

kungfufighter

Reaction score
As memory serves it's a GII-16 Doug and a dandy at that. Sadly, Corning does not do a terribly good job of displaying the McKearin Collection but it's still a great place to visit. Looking at a one of a kind flask THROUGH an aqua Washington-Taylor and a common calabash can be annoying but it's still wildly enjoyable. For some reason folks always look strangley at Holly and I as we crawl along the floor looking at the lower rows or the bases of the flasks. I wonder why that might be?

kungfufighter

Reaction score
Now that I say it's a GII-16 I'm no longer certain. I thought it was a perspective issue that makes it look taller than the pint in front of it but it now appears to have embossing along the medial ridge and it sure looks more and more like a pint than a half-pint. Hmmm.... Now you see why you need to go there and see the collection in person AS WELL AS continue to write in requests that the collection be reorganized. (Something I have done along with others but more folks need to make this point...)

earlyglass

Reaction score
Based upon what else I see on that shelf... I would say it is a Group I flask... possibly a GI-65?

Mike

kungfufighter

Reaction score
They are only "loosely" organized by McKearin numbers but yes, you are correct Mike, that would be the group of flasks we should be considering...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960