Couple of nice finds I think! Carter's ink

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

flagga

Reaction score
Hello Everyone This is my first post, I went hunting in a old pond where the ocean comes in and out in southern Maine. My usual spot in the winter time because the mud is soft. Anyway I found an old dump with shardes everywhere and dug down about 2 ft and found some nice bottles, first one was a small carters ink dark green, it says CARTER'S 1897 made in usa on the bottom never found an ink this color, next one was a 2.5 inch medical bottle clear that says FREE SAMPLE BLOOD WINE on front on one side it says THE LOUIS DAUDELIN CO. and the other side says WORCESTER MASS. and one more is a medical bottle that says NYE CHEMICAL COMPANY PORTSMOUTH NH. there were a bunch more but just wanted to throw a few at you to see if you could give me any info or worth on them, when I get a digital camera this weekend I will post some pictures. Thanks everyone if there are any people that want to dig who live in southern NH or ME let me know I would love to dig with ya

thanks Flagga.

preditor

Reaction score
cant help with your bottles i dont know much about bottles yet but i am having a ball looking for them just wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum you will really enjoy the forum i know i do
Preditor

David E Dearden

Reaction score
Hi Flagga got one for you the other I can't find.
NYE Brothers and Co Zansville Ohio. The product I have is called Dermatine Advertised 1895, 1910 then not again until 1948 byLavell Labs 6 River St Dundee Ill.
Clear 6 1/4" x 2 1/4" x 1 3/8" Might be same as yours or a relative

flagga

Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys, didn't think anyone would lol. I tried all night to find that CARTER'S INK and FREE SAMPLE BLOOD WINE BOTTLE, but had no luck, I dont have any books, I guess I need to get some. I am going to the same spot i found them at on Thursday, I pulled up alot more and will post the pictures this weekend when I get a digital camara.

Thanks again Flagga

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hey Flag, lucky you to be digging now! I have that dark green 1897 carters ink... I gave $25.00 on eBay for it. I feel it was a bargain, books are good general price guides but sometimes specimens are worth more then book value or less, some examples would be variants in molds and mispelling on embossing and the overall aesthetic of the specimen. I buy and sell bottles and if you ever have doubles give me a holler, I will drop you a email... Taz

Ge96708.jpg

Attachments

• Ge96708.jpg
    Ge96708.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 118

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
When you say, "dark green," do you each mean an emerald green, or what. I have one of these cone inks that is distinctly olive-green -- is this the color you each have?

Covill figures a "green" Carter's 1897, but his illustrations are in black and white, so that is not useful.

The yellow amber cone ink is for comparison; it is not embossed.

-----------Harry Pristis

Jh15961.jpg

flagga

Reaction score
Hey Harry Mine is a 7up green I guess that is what they call it. not as dark as olive green. thanks for the response

Have you herd of the free sample blood wine bottle I wrote about?

thanks Flagga.

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
I am not familiar with your other bottles, Flagga.

You have enough information to write (e-mail) to the reference librarian in Worcester, MA, for info from city directories on the Daudelin Co, for example.

There is nothing like doing the research yourself to build confidence in your provenance. Let us know what you find out.

----------Harry Pristis

flagga

Reaction score
Finally got camera can now take pictures of my bottles lol. here is the CARTER'S INK
1897 7UP GREEN. thanks, Flagga hope this comes out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday