crate ware

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

suzanne

Reaction score
LC must have bought my book in spite of all the bad things he got on line and said about me. [:(] There's a paragraph in it that says if your bottle inside is so bad you can't do anything with it, which is pretty rare actually, you can buy a bottle of clear nail polish at the dollar store, dump half of it in there, swish it around, and pour the rest out (but not sell it without telling the buyer) [;)] I take it, LC, that you have now come to the conclusion that this is [:D][:D][:D] legitimate advice on bottle cleaning.

suzanne

Reaction score
Plumbata, on the other hand, knows what he's talking about. The case wear you can actually see is just the tip of the ice burg. The glass underneath is weakened and grinding or sanding will rip pits and gouges out of it until you go very deep. Then you can end up with odd looking grooves. Sanding it with very fine sandpaper will not make any difference at all. If you don't want to invest the time and money it takes to learn how to fix bottles your best bet is just to ignore the case wear.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75