Cuban Medicine Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Shellbay

Reaction score
Was thrilled to find my first Cuban medicine bottle in Guantanamo Bay!

Farmacia Bottino, Santiago de Cuba, Coqueluche, LDO O . Morales

I believe it is for whooping cough.

I did a little bit of research and wasn’t able to find anything on LDO O Morales.

By far one of my most treasured bottles.
IMG_3090.jpeg
IMG_3094.jpeg
IMG_3098.jpeg
IMG_3124.jpeg
IMG_3088.jpeg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Great find, and that's a fantastic shade of amethyst! Tough to find them in the wild in such a deep shade. I'm surprised that this is your first Cuban med, I had assumed you were finding a lot of Cuban bottles.

Shellbay

Reaction score
Great find, and that's a fantastic shade of amethyst! Tough to find them in the wild in such a deep shade. I'm surprised that this is your first Cuban med, I had assumed you were finding a lot of Cuban bottles.
Thank you! I have found over 500 Cuban beer/soda bottles. A day doesn’t go by when I’m out hunting that I don’t find a beer/soda. I also find quite a few medicine bottles, but the Cuban ones are quite rare. I found this one in July after weeks of high swells and high winds. It was low tide and was just laying there in a small puddle of water. I’m hoping for a tropical storm this season to move things around in the sea.

This is my showcase collection. The top shelf and the bottom shelf are all Cuban bottles (with the exception of 1 bottle). No duplicates bottles- you can see the how many different Cuban ones I’ve found (duplicates are in other locations in the house ). The middle shelf are my favorite medicine bottles I’ve found here.
IMG_3520.jpeg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen