Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

curious shard

kostgar

Nov 7, 2006
Hello,

Well, I found a couple of criers today as well. The first was a bottom part of a blue pony bottle. Beautiful color. And the came this: a square bottle with weak embossing on one of the two remaining sides as follows:
...EKER
...TENDORF (or ...TENDORP?)
...RINGEN

Has anyone came across this one? Thank you, guys.

kostgar

Attachments

martyfoley

Sep 24, 2019
Are you in the USA? This shard may be from an imported bottle. Looks old though. Looks like a good spot to keep on diggin!

kostgar

Nov 7, 2006
Hi Marty, Yes, I'm in New York. My bottles come from the ocean and I know this spot is old - I pulled a lot of cool bottles out of there. The bottle does look German (or Dutch?), I'm hoping someone saw one before.

martyfoley

Sep 24, 2019
Hi Kosty, I thought they looked very worn, as though they were in water a long time. I hope someone on here will help you with those in the future. Could you post some pics of your finds? I'm sure you found some very interesting ones!
Are you in NYC? Stay safe.

kostgar

Nov 7, 2006
Marty, some spots off Long Island are littered with bottles, and over the years I found quite a few sodas, beers, meds, flasks etc., so just to limit myself to square ones, here are two bottles that were found a few years ago in close proximity to the spot where I found the shard yesterday: a 7" Casswell Hazard and an Udolpho Wolfe's Schiedam Aromatic Schnapps

Attachments

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sysop1