Dad's End of the Year Clean Out!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bent_Twig

Reaction score
A small whisky??

292BCA20AF3E4D128FDD5E2A94E32769.jpg

Attachments

• 292BCA20AF3E4D128FDD5E2A94E32769.jpg
    292BCA20AF3E4D128FDD5E2A94E32769.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 82

dcoffin5

Reaction score
That's a nice haul of bottles!
Nice way to start out the new year...

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
Not only are the bottles clean but they look like they have been tumbled. You're lucky if they come out of the ground that way except for a little soap and water. In my area every bottle needs a tumbling to get bottles as clean as yours. The bottles were a nice gift from your dad. I would love to see the ones that he kept if this is what he gave away.

Ohio Rob

Reaction score
I like the Eagle Hair Restorer and I'm a sucker for hutchinsons. Are the hutches from Ohio.

Bent_Twig

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Staunton Dan

Not only are the bottles clean but they look like they have been tumbled. You're lucky if they come out of the ground that way except for a little soap and water. In my area every bottle needs a tumbling to get bottles as clean as yours. The bottles were a nice gift from your dad. I would love to see the ones that he kept if this is what he gave away.

Some of the bottles that you see have been oiled , but we do get some pretty clean bottles from the dumps. Most of the bottles from the privies are hazy but some of those come out nice too. We dont have a tumbler , but it sure would be nice to have one. Digger Ry sure does nice work and when you see the pictures of his bottles it makes it hard not to buy a tumbler. I find that a good cleaning with soap and water and a little oil rubbed on if they are hazy and they will display pretty nice. My Dads collection is very nice and he usually keeps only higher end stuff. Bitters ,flasks,pontiled meds are more his pace.

Twig.

Bent_Twig

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Ohio Rob

I like the Eagle Hair Restorer and I'm a sucker for hutchinsons. Are the hutches from Ohio.
The Eagle Hair Restorer is one of my favorites too. Two of the hutches are from Ohio. One is Fishers Brothers Bottlers from Cleveland Oh. , and the other is Jung Brewing Co. mineral water dept from Cincinnatti Oh.

I also have a 12 sided hutch from Cleveland Oh. , that needs to be tumbled it is very hazy. It is a Geo. Schmuck's Ginger Ale. I bet Digger Ry could do wonders for it.

Twig.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
F90F379DED314ED49997BB623C0911A7.jpg

I like every one of those little darlins! That would be an "instant collection" to lots of folks.. your Dad rules!

Stardust

Reaction score
Very nice of your dad. The last I remember you were selling all of your bottles for family reasons.So I hope all is well with you and your's. I
think a bottle means more to one when it comes from a loved one or a dear friend. THAT'S A NICE COLECTION!!!!!

Bent_Twig

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Stardust

Very nice of your dad. The last I remember you were selling all of your bottles for family reasons.So I hope all is well with you and your's. I
think a bottle means more to one when it comes from a loved one or a dear friend. THAT'S A NICE COLECTION!!!!!
Hi Star!

I did have to sell off my collection,but the good thing about digging is you can always find more. Most all of my good bottles are gone , but that makes it more fun when you do dig a good one. I found a Vaughns Vegtable Lithontriptic not too long ago , and that is probably my best find lately. The family is doing well, thank you for asking. Still no job as mine went to Mexico, but things will turn around. I have a little town not far from here that had its hay-day in the 1830's to 1860's so I am waiting on a chance to get over there and get some permissions to dig. Every house on the main drag of this little town are very old and it appears that quite a few of them have open back yards still. Hope there are some good pits there.

Twig.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem