Did anyone see this $7000 bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LtlBtl

Reaction score
When it seemed to be narrowed in focus it was extreme. The range of purchases are now worrisome. There are items that SHOULD only appeal to a very small group of collectors, usually quite local. Why some one from Dubai would be interested/bidding is baffling.
Many questions..
In less than two months, over 400 feedbacks received, none given. So I'd figure another 300+ that did not leave feedback. On one ID. feedback not left by buyer- transaction ain't over.
Multiple ids- now how many transactions????
Why would you let it known that IF that is who you are(Prince)? wouldn't it be smarter(id theft, private email address, etc) to not have this info out there?
If I received a call from a prince of Dubai, I'd be loudly questioning in far more expletive laden way- why the f';= are you talking to me, do you seriously think I am going to believe you and what the f+_), - don't you have something better to do?

This is too Nigerian Prince/lottery for my paranoia. 60 days for Paypal cases, a lot longer for credit card "theft". it is not unusual to get a notice from Paypal about a CC fraud months and months after transaction.

AlexD

Reaction score
There are items that SHOULD only appeal to a very small group of collectors, usually quite local. Why some one from Dubai would be interested/bidding is baffling.

Actually, it's simple really. Thought I won't tell all the secrets I know, I can say this. Here in the US, Coca-Cola Bottles, Machines, Collectibles, are all part of the American culture. To us, we know these exist clear as day. Every American knows Coca-Cola! If 99% of Americans in the US have all gone and eaten at a vintage diner style restaurant the idea of 1950's Coca-Cola Machines for example isn't the most thrilling thing in the world. Dubia or Qatar still has Coca-Cola, yet they come from a culture where Coca-Cola and Soda Memorabilia is not native. The same way someone here in the US may be fascinated by something such as a Hookah. We may see Straight Sided Coca-Cola bottles as something you can just go out and find at your local Antique Store. Because a guy found it in an old barn, took it to the Antique Store, and sold it for a few bucks. Over there it's probably not that easy.

LtlBtl

Reaction score
Coca Cola, Pepsi - I understand, not necessarily to the extreme that it has been taken.
A small town Ohio/PA hutch with damage?????? Nope, don't get that.

But I am not going to believe someone who tells me they are "fill in blank" on line. Nor representing so and so. In my experience, those who have the means, do not do the dirty work. They have agents who do not drop names to any schmuck. They certainly do not have their names as email addresses.

Sorry, it just all seems waaaayyyy too good to be true. I know lots of girls who have waited for their prince to come, just never thought a bunch of bottle head dudes would be also.

AlexD

Reaction score
Sorry, it just all seems waaaayyyy too good to be true.

He's getting funded by the government to build it I heard.
Here's one of his museums currently

mia-qatar.jpg

41392_1229587246.jpg

Museum-of-Islamic-Art-in-Doha-19.jpg

11cultural_600.jpg

QATAR.img_assist_custom.jpg

Detroit-Institute-of-art-Islamic-art-curator-Heather-Ecker-is-seen-at-the-museums-new-Islamic-art-display-at-the-Detroit-Institute-of-Art-in-Detroit.jpg

GuntherHess

Reaction score
A small town Ohio/PA hutch with damage?????? Nope, don't get that.

agreed... a chipped , beat up , Frederick MD hutch cant have too much special meaning in the middle east :)
Now its sitting in some big warehouse waiting on who knows what fate.

Seemed like the guy was just shotgunning items marked rare in the auctions.

Dont think members of the royal familar are all that rare over there, they have really big extended families sort of like Kennedys or pre-polygymous mormons:)

bostaurus

Reaction score
I like how in the first photo of the museum you can see the buildings and smog in the back ground. In the architect's rendition below it there are clear blue skies and a sail boat. Chipped bottle on top, rare Mid East 11th Century vase on the bottom

LtlBtl

Reaction score
Funded by the govt.?? They are the government.

Since way too many of us have a stake in all this being true, step back and...

1.A buyer w/no history of buying bottles is snatching up all/everything
2.Same buyer is oversees and using a us ship address
3. buyer does not leave feedback
4. multiple ids are found to be associated
5. buyer claims to be one of the Royal Family of a wealthy Country
6. person is (in)famous for buying stuff

sew all those hankies together and you have big red one flapping away.

Logically, if you have as much money as is supposedly there, why would you be trolling ebay for items for your museum? Chances are, this real person was very well educated and has a taste for the finer/finest. Very high standards in every aspect of day to day. It is not translating to the purchases that can be seen.

Again, logically, why would you not contact Glassworks or Heckler's and consult with professionals??? People who know the market, quality and have the connections to make it happen. Paying a premium to knowledgeable professionals with experience is money well spent. Trusting ebay sellers to stock your museum????? Wow if that isn't a lofty ambition. An one that seems to me something the bigwigs in Ebayland would be drooling over. Every bottle seller would be getting free listing offers about 10 minutes of getting that breaking wind,/ news.

I hope it is all true. But I would rather have sold a recent bottle for a lot less to one of the underbidders - two locals to whom it would have context, meaning and been something another than #172893 in a catalog some day. maybe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday