Diggin' With Dan

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

willong

Reaction score
It makes sense, Tom. You will not have the structural concerns with a playfield or park that you would when building on such sites. If the ground settles, or even if a sinkhole opens up in a playfield, you just haul in the fill. When the ground starts subsiding under an office building it's a whole 'nother can o' worms. I located addresses for several turn-of-the-century Seattle dumps in an old newpaper article about "sanitary landfills"--three of them are currently under parks and/or sports fields.

diggermeister

Reaction score
Parks, golf courses etc. In fact the north end of the infield of the track at Lowe's Motor Speedway (NASCAR) was once a Concord, NC City dump. GARY

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
I dug one of those ANIMAL BAIT bottles about ten years ago ! I have never seen another one, it sits in my "not for sale" collection. I figured that it was a product for trappers? like a concentrated scent to sprinkle on beaver traps etc.

congrats on a great find

diggermeister

Reaction score
Bram, That's right. It was a concentrated scent for Fur Trapping. In fact, The one I dug still Had the stopper and some contents. PEW! That's some smelly stuff [:'(]...
Listed as 'scarce'; 'rare' with stopper...
GARY

jcrlanger

Reaction score
We need to set up a huge East Coast dig somewhere before all the dumps become sports fields[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter