Diggin withdrawl

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlediger

Reaction score
OK Who all in here is going through some digging withdrawl???? Whats the longest you've gone without digging. Right now I feel like a crackhead in desprate need for a fix hahaha. Its been almost a week for me and im freeeeeeeeeaaaaaaking out. After about 3 days it hits me after 5 I go nuts. The longest I went without getting my shovel dirty has been about 7 weeks when I was in Fort Sill this summer. I almost went mad........
But ill be digging it this weekend, and im done here in MD next friday so back to full time DIGGGGGGGGGGIN. CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digger Ry

cdnbottleguy

Reaction score
hi there !
well i certainly agree with you there but here where i live its even worse since i live in canada (the cold country east coast)and havent been able to dig for some time now and dont expect to until late march (gawd) could winter be any longer i ask myself .lately i been hitting antique shops but havent found much in them worth buying or even looking at for that matter . i was however considering on hitting a dump that i know of but have to locate a pick and a stronger shovel . i figure if i can get below the frost line im good to go . then again i have a shed full of bottles i found and havent cleaned or did any thing with as of yet and was planning on saving them until the winter (now) . in other thoughts i should probabley get at it so i can fill the shed up again for next winter as soon as the ground thaws hee hee .
Ian

bottlediger

Reaction score
Ian, man I dont know if I could ive up there I know how cold it can get I hate the cold but I put up with it here and dig all winter. However yesterday or the day before it was 68 here! I couldnt dig, I had to work but it was still super nice. That is a good idea for winter, clean up all your dirty finds. Best thing you can do next to digging!

Doug, yeah i know man...7 weeks I could have hit 50 privys no problem but duty was a calling haha. Whats the longest you went? Been taking the kids out for any digs?

Take care guys
Ry

appliedlips

Reaction score
Since really starting to privy dig,I missed about a month last winter because I didn't probe enough before the freeze.I have been known to drive South until soft ground was found some winters.I also missed awhile after knee surgery a couple years ago.Two weeks is about enough to kill me,though!Haha..I haven't had the yutes out for awhile.Winter digs can be tough.It is wrestling season for the oldest and he is starting to notice the girls.I'll be losing him for a few years pretty soon I figure[:D].I'll miss it but it gives the younger ones a chance to get out more.

tigue710

Reaction score
I'm going about 6 hours right now... I got it bad, I need to go to sleep so I can dig sooner, tomorrow morning that is!

tigue710

Reaction score
ya, to bad the pay dirt is so far and in between! Wish I was digging in a certain area out west I know of... imagine digging a couple hundred bitters in a couple months!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
I took a 10 day brake Ry went to Fla now its time to fling dirt! hey did you know I was a writer? [;)] yea boie.
People think I am blind tisk tisk.like I said many times before dont be hatein.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcarulli