Discovered in New Orleans LA and Pass Christian MS while digging bottles...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottlediggingcop

Reaction score
Hey bottlediggingcop, being from New Orleans and a fan of the bitter's bottles, here's one you will enjoy. Gary Owen's Strengthening Bitters, Sole Proprietor, Ball Lyons Co., New Orleans, LA.
View attachment 170339
Awesome Bitters. I've found many of Lyons Medicines, but not the bitters. Most of his medicines I find on the American side of New Orleans, ie Annunciation, Jackson streets etc... Will have to keep on the lookout for that one. Is it for sale?

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Thanks but sorry, it is not. Hope you can find some places to dig down there. That is a very old city

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Great artifacts! Does Pass Christian still have the annual Catholic Seafood festival, miss the spicy boiled crayfish/crawdad ?!

bottlediggingcop

Reaction score
Great artifacts! Does Pass Christian still have the annual Catholic Seafood festival, miss the spicy boiled crayfish/crawdad ?!
Yes we do! It's usually in the Spring. Should be coming up soon actually. I have a lot of family history here, Great Grandfather was born here in 1874, for example. If you ever come visit, give me a heads up. I'll give you the tour and take you digging. Still digging lots of lots here, 1860-1900.

Bass Assassin

Reaction score
Yes, there are still some undug privies in the older areas of New Orleans. Be careful

CreekWalker

Reaction score
Biloxi , Gulfport, Pass Christian

Yes we do! It's usually in the Spring. Should be coming up soon actually. I have a lot of family history here, Great Grandfather was born here in 1874, for example. If you ever come visit, give me a heads up. I'll give you the tour and take you digging. Still digging lots of lots here, 1860-1900.
I'm heading to Ala. this year and than to the Smokies, to visit family, but would like to head to the coast next year. I used to surf fish on Ship Inland , riding the Ferry out to it, caught all kinds of critters, knucklehead catfish, red snapper, sharks, and stingray, to name a few. I haven't been to Pass Christian since the last hurricane , but had a buddy work that area and in New Orleans during the clean up, he found a good group of relics, I think where homes once stood, the lots of lots?. Ended up staying a couple years, driving steel sheet piling in the ocean , for the sea wall outside New Orleans. I'll take you up on the digging offer! Thanks.

bottlediggingcop

Reaction score
Don't scare me with a good time CreekWalker. Let me know when you get here. I will take you to the private lots and dig some 1860's pits. Too many to dig solo, and owners only trust people who come with me to do them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday