Do Bottle Shows Depress You? Why?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
[/quote]

The question is--------did you ever have a puce Eagle l[8D][8D]
[/quote]
Now ya got me. No, darn it. If I had ever had one I would still have it. I think the best flask I have is a quart Corset Waisted Scroll. My best bottle, ever, is my HARKNESS FIRE GRENADE in a Peacock / Sapphire / Cobalt sort of blue with profuse Pigeon Blood Red swirls throughout, in pristine condition. But, like I've said before, value doesn't necessarily dictate my favorites.

imukdiver

Reaction score
I don't get depressed, just a lil frustrated. People seem to think that there is only a already set bottle supply. They need to think that every year more of every type of bottle are being dug out of the ground. I'd even hazard to say that almost all types of bottles are becoming more common. Though true some will always be rare, some rare ones will become common. It never ceases to amaze me at bottles shows all the time. You see 20 or so dealers all with several examples of the exact same bottle. Yet they all have their prices in the few hundered dollar range. At this point the once rare bottle should be considered common and prices adjust accordingly. LOL. I would say 99.9 % of bottles are never going to be a good investment, just a good hobby. [:D]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Nice discussion. I only attend one bottle show a year. I look forward to it for months. I love seeing all of the people who are as nutty for bottles as I am. Plus, you can meet authors, hear stories, make friends as well as enjoy the old glass. I love to wind somebody up about something that they are passionate about and to listen and learn.

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Touching on the milks you mentioned, I'd say common milks go for $5-10 (excluding ones like Hoods). If I saw those milks around here (and they were locals), I would have bought him out and made a killing selling them off. Sometimes high end collectors don't mind taking a loss on bottles that they see as taking up space, even though they might be nice ones, just not $100+ nice.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229