Does ebay dispute resolution work???

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I have a chance to do an experiment.
I bought a bottle on ebay and paid with paypal.
I never received the bottle.
I emailed the seller but never got a response.
I have never used ebay (paypal) dispute system. I have heard people complain that it doesnt work but i have never tried it.
So this is a test.
I opened a dispute about about a week ago through paypal.
Paypal apparently tried to contact seller.
The seller apparently did not respond.
Today I escalated it to a claim.
We shall see what happens next.
Paypal said they will make a decision on the claim.

Has anyone gone through this procedure before?

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Matt -
A lot depends on how much you paid for it. It's not worth it for inexpensive items. I bought an ink years ago and never got it. I checked into things w/ Paypal and it wasn't worth claiming. Something to think about...

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Lobey ,
I love your way with words !!!!
I had never thought about the hammer deal ....... but your right . HaHaHa Any dealings I have had with the dispute team was ....as painful as the hammer + head = pain !

stinger haut

Reaction score
Sewellbottleman did the about the same thing I did when a seller on ebay ripped my wife off on a bottle deal
Ebay and Paypal are the same company and in the end I just wasted my time with them. They did nothing, but they very good at doing nothing after they have collected their money from the auction.
Our credit card company did credit our account after I showed them that the bottle was in fact not close to being as described.
It took about 2 months, but in the end our account was credited for the full amount of the bottle, shipping and insurance.
Good luck with ebay/paypal.
Stinger

huffmnd

Reaction score
A similar incident happened to me on an item. I usually watch the order details when I buy an item to see when and how the item is shipped. On this one I paid $65 in all. After 5 days and not seeing anything being marked as shipped I emailed him, no response. After the fourth email (every one of them through ebay) I started a dispute, and after about a week I turned it into a claim. I recieved $29 on my claim, they say that you are covered up to $1000, so where is the rest of my money? Then paypal closed the case and I never saw another dime and neither did the other seven people that he scammed. You can give it a shot but I wouldn't hold my breath. Best of luck though.

huffmnd

Reaction score
Well it was about 44% positive, I got that much back
m16.gif
m16.gif
m16.gif
m16.gif

LC

Reaction score
Hello huffmnd, guess you got through your straight razors as for researching them. I was telling you of the one I had sold on eBay with the naked lady on the handle, and you said you wished you could have seen what the design of it had looked like. Was going through a junk box the other day, and found the razor below. The one I sold was much nicer in design, but this one is quite similar to what the other one was. Regretfully, when came across this one, the blade was rusted to ruin, laid in the wrong place for way too many years. Kept it because of its nicely designed handle. I had though about trying to remove the blade and put in a different one, but was afraid I would break the handle, so I just left it alone. I have never tried to remove one nor do I know anyone that has successfully done so.[/align]

758B86F7DE4E4C4CB3FDD6F706A0109B.jpg

Attachments

• 758B86F7DE4E4C4CB3FDD6F706A0109B.jpg
    758B86F7DE4E4C4CB3FDD6F706A0109B.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 94

GuntherHess

Reaction score
So far the status of the experiment is they said if the seller doesnt respond by June 29 they will decide in my favor. Not sure what that means yet.
Doesnt sound like this has worked out well for others.
We shall see[8|]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I don't know and I doubt I'll use it but I'm still waiting on a Moses bottle. I paid by CC through Paypal and if it comes to it I'll cancel that way.

Hey lobey, I thought the point behind confirmed address was so the seller can prove you did. What a rip!

baltbottles

Reaction score
Matt,

If things don't work through ebay you may want to request the address and contact information of the seller through ebay then. Contact the local Sheriffs office in the town which he lives. And report him as defrauding you. They will investigate it and basically tell the seller to refund your money in full or send you the bottle. As He has commeted a crime The local Sheriffs office will help you out.

Chris

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26