DOES IT HAVE VALUE?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey...

Is this the beast? My wife bought him for me at the Albany show last month...

Ron

Xv64618.jpg

PS: Kat's estimate is right on... My wife paid $40...

Attachments

• Xv64618.jpg
    Xv64618.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 60

sheridan

Reaction score
I can't thank all you folks enough. It's amazing how quickly you were able to identify something very near to what I have here. But while the bottle in the picture is close, I believe that the bottle in the picture may well be a more recent imitation of the bottle that I possess. Firstly, I don't see any evidence in the picture of the labeling on the front of the bottle, which runs across the bear's left arm and down onto the surface of the bottle below the arms. Secondly, the bottle that I have is, I believe, taller and more narrow. Thirdly, the arms/legs on my bottle are not as pronounced as these appear to be. Fourthly, the shape of the face of the bear on my bottle is more rounded and the nostrils are different. Lastly, my bottle does not have any ridge around the top but is smooth glass all the way from the top of the bear's head to the top of the bottle. But I believe the bottle in the photograph was intended to be a reproduction of this bottle because it is generally the same.

sheridan

Reaction score
Rocket scientist that I am [:) whoa brother - what I know about computers would fit on the head of a pin!], I just realized that I could enlarge the photo in the link provided by "Monsonant" and in the enlarged photograph it is easy to clearly see that the photographed bottle is a more recent knock-off of the bottle that I have here. I can now more clearly see the rim and the 'chip' that he spoke of, as well as the proportional length of the top section of the bottle from the top of the head to the rim, and this is not the same bottle. The top section or stem on my bottle is longer proportionally than is this stem on this bottle and the rim on the photographed item is not on my bottle - which stem is smooth all the way to the top.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583