Dr Kilmer's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pupman

Reaction score
RE: Many Thanks

Oh yes Terri,Books,about 800 bottles, fossils(few)seashells(alot) figurines, roach traps,stuffed world record fish,a stuffed albino muskrat,shark jaws,a scrimshawed Walrus tusk from the victorian period and assorted paraphenalia from digging twenty years,this place might as well be the museum of natural history! It's all down the basement and indeed ,visitors have referred to this place as a museum,Best Regards,Kev

marjorie040

Reaction score
Thanks, TerriBerri69 for the great article on Dr. Kilmer. I especially enjoy the history connected to the bottles as well as their beauty.
I found Dr. Kilmer in the 1910 census of Binghamton, NY. He was listed as a "physician" and employed at a "Cancertorium". Having some knowledge of cancer treatment in 1910, I can imagine what a depressing place that must have been. He must have been a caring physician, I doubt there was much money in cancer treatment.
Regards

deer4x4

Reaction score
does anyone know about these type of kilmers 1 is swamp root kidney liver and bladder cure other is sample thanks bob

6540BDFFC3A642428E7DE43A712CA71C.jpg

Attachments

• 6540BDFFC3A642428E7DE43A712CA71C.jpg
    6540BDFFC3A642428E7DE43A712CA71C.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 40

Whisperingwinds

Reaction score
I was wondering tho....
The cure came out before the remedy didnt it?

How much do the green ones usually go for? I thought I saw in one price book about 30.00 ...

ww

LC

Reaction score
The Kilmers are pretty common in my area, but I have always thought it was quite an attractive bottle, and have several different varieties of them. I liked the one that was posted with the labels intact, first one I have ever seen with the labels. I have seen them sell for around fifteen dollars in my area from time to time. They may book for more than that though.

pupman

Reaction score
Hi , The cure dates before the remedy. The labeled example I put on is very early in Kilmer history with a date on the label of 1883. If anyone would like to add it to their collection I will sell it for $25.00 + shipping,just let me know in this thread or send me a p.m.
The little sample bottle which comes in two sizes sells for around $10 and the smaller versions of the big Kilmers are quite common.Still, they are great bottles to find and to have and when you take them in the context of the Kilmer legacy they are great pieces of history to own,Kev

deer4x4

Reaction score
thanks tique i put those 2 on ebay and not even a nibble at 1$ so i guess i can find away to put them up here and find how to get the proceeds to go to the forum
bob

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR