Dr Langleys

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stonemason

Reaction score
Went digging in a old foundation yesterday.research and old map show a 1850 homestead.Found a Dr langleys root and herb bitters in aqua color.Are these of any value.Only bitters that Ive ever found

bearswede

Reaction score
Debra...

Aqua Langleys can range from $50 to a couple of hundred, depending on condition, base treatment, embossing, size and even shade of aqua...

Can you give us some photos & description that could pin it down better?

Welcome to the forum, by the way...

Ron

David E

Reaction score
Dr Langley's Root & Herb Bitters/ 76 Union ST/ Boston
Bottle adresses included 76 Union St Ca. 1845-1853
99 Union St 1854 - ca 1857. (Long story on company)

Aqua 6 3/4" x 2 7/8"
Bitters 99
aqua 8 1/2" x 2 7/8" 99 embosed backwards,
Dave

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Stonemason,
There are at least 7 different mold variants of the Langley's. If you can supply a pic and measurments it would be easier to identify your variant and value.
These came in smooth base , open pontil , and iron pontil. And in different colorations also..... Aqua , Blue Green , Apple green , Emerald green , and Amber , ect. And they also had many different lip treatments .
Brian

stonemason

Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies.Dont have a camera,gotta get one!!! have looked at alot of dr langleys bottles,none look like mine.Mine is aqua in color,measures 5 7/8x2 3/8.seam stops at shoulder,lip is applied kinda rolled over and very crude under lip.bottom appears smooth,yet when you feel it ,you can feel a slightly raised circle in the middle.The lettering says Dr Langleys
Root&Herb
Bitters
Block letters,all capital,set inside a panel that is 1 1/2x3"

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Don't forget to check the address. If it's 99 and they're reversed there more in demand, though I don't think less common. I have 2 and I'm trying to one one that's right.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Sounds like the sample. Is it about 6" and the embossing is in a sunken panel? In brown I've seen them as low as $40, $20-30 for the aqua. Most were dug that I saw on ebay and condition was questionable and effected the outcome. A nice amber went for $65 I think.

stonemason

Reaction score
Thank you for your replies.So its not worth alot,thats ok I just dig them,keep the ones I like.I really have no intrest at this point to buy or sell

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kennyg1960