Dug a big hole!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Morning all! I have not had much PC time lately as I have been a digging like a madman..[8D] The last couple of months I have been preparing for a archaeological excavation to the bottom of a old mine shaft located in midwestern N.H. After boring a series of 10' holes, we blasted a ramp from the bedrock so I could descend to the bottom. I followed the old 1880's railroad tracks as a guide to try to find the old hidden and flooded 10'000sq.ft. room. The mine is only 400" deep and extends approx. 600' back and is "linked" with numerous other tunnels, not large by any means but quite a challenge in my 30,000 lb 925 Cat loader. I am trying to help Bob W. the owner retrieve the artifacts abandoned in the bottom, 1800's steam drill machine, tools etc...as to date we have recovered hand forged black powder drills 4' steam drill bits, hand forged chains, many pairs of boots ( no feet included) lol[:D] I keep hoping a cache of bottles will show up but no glass yet...O yea we have also been finding giant mica, books, aquamarines and nice big ole quarts xtals... My machine is maxed out on the grade now and we must lower the ramp to go deeper. I hope all have had a fun summer! I know I have! See you at the Keene bottle show.... Taz

Fd90662.jpg

Attachments

• Fd90662.jpg
    Fd90662.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 68

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey Taz...

Great to hear from you!

Sounds like you've been having some fun!!!

I finally got back on-line with a new computer... I wonder what's up with Rich (Lobeycat)... Kelly (Gunsmoke) was asking about him...

I might make it to Keene... I'm doing the Albany show this Sunday... Then going to Heckler's tailgate in CT the following Saturday... Have you ever gone to that one?

Ron

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Hey Taz, good to hear from you. I wish I was working with you on that project. Sounds like an interesting , fun time. Kelley

JASMINECAG

Reaction score
I LOVE COLLECTING ANTIQUE BOTTLES

[:D]I HAVE 2 ANTIQUE PEPSI BOTTLES AND COKE BOTTLE.

madman

Reaction score
yo taz whats up? nice! what the heck? sounds very interesting mike

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Here is another juicy tidbit![8D] The mine has a resident ghost!! It frequently occurs that when guest take pix in the mine a ghostly veiled image shows up.... NO miners have ever died in the mine,but rumor has it that back in the late 50's the mine foremans girlfriend vanished... (forever) Is the veil trying to say something or is it humidity,refraction of the flash or background radiation?? Here is but one shot of the ghost... Happy Digg'n Taz

Rp44289.jpg

Attachments

• Rp44289.jpg
    Rp44289.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 75

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member