Early Baby Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Big Ralph

Reaction score

CWBookAuthor

Reaction score
Nice Early Baby Bottle

That's a beautiful early baby bottle! I don't have a baby bottle with me, at the momenty, to give you an age, but it's quite early and there aren't many around now. You've got quite a keeper there! My wife had one of the largest nursing bottles in the East when we could collect them.

Mike (and Bunny)

surfaceone

Reaction score
babybot1.jpg

Hey Big Ralph,

That's a nice one. The picture thing here has it's own learning curve. If you look to the left and below you image at Bucket-o-photos there is an "IMG Code" box. If you copy that and change the to an [IMG] and similarly on the back end, presto-chango the picture shows up here. This is the method that works for me. There are other methods, including some kinda uploading process that is favored by many of the seasoned members. I'm still tryin to figger that one out, me ownself, as I was absent during that day's lesson.

Is it just me, or does that nurser have some "I Dream of Jeannie" overtones? Thanks for showing it.

[IMG]http://abinitioadinfinitum.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/before-jeanie.jpg

Big Ralph

Reaction score
RE: Nice Early Baby Bottle

Hi CW,

The only book I ever saw this bottle in was dated like 1948 and I don't remember the name of it. I do recall that they said the circa was around 1820 or there about. They also said it might be English. Can you see a kid chewing on that glass nipple? Wow.

Big Ralph

Dabeel

Reaction score
Baltimore to Oakland/San Francisco, now San Diego
"I Dream of Jeannie" overtones?

Holy Smokes, I always thought Barbara Eden was cute in I dream of Jeannie, but she's down right hot in that photo![:D]

Careful of what pictures you're posting surfaceone, as I completely forgot what the topic of this post was[:D]

Oh yea nurser bottles........that is a really neat one!

Doug

RedGinger

Reaction score

How did they keep the liquid in the bottle with that hole? It's kind of hard to see how the bottle works (I'm bad at spatial relations). Babies had it rough back then! Poor things.

Big Ralph

Reaction score

In the big hole there went a cork, I think? I am not sure but it makes sence to me. Does anyone have a ball park value on an item like this?

Big Ralph

surfaceone

Reaction score

t's kind of hard to see how the bottle works
In the big hole there went a cork, I think?

Hello Lauren and Big Ralph,

I think the nipple was affixed to the "big hole." There's a great site, British, I believe, that displays a wonderful collection of nursers and nursery items, many in their original packaging. I cannot find it, for the life of me.

Ralph, you might drop a line to these guys. I see another bottle very similar to yours
jinny3.jpg
in Jinny Brodsky's collection.

image002.png

TJSJHART

Reaction score

someone mentioned this but the nipple is on the right the nipple shaped end the big hole was where they filled the bottle then a cork was used to plug the large hole. the thought of a glass nipple and this thing must have weighed a couple pounds, that meant hand feeding . those bottles must be very rare?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foothillsarchaeology