Ebay dilemma

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Please let us know when you leave feedback Bob, I am keeping a close eye on this whole thing.....Jim

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Did not honor high bid, raised price 500.00 after auction. Damage not described.
Hey Billin,
You have a knack for concise. I like this one. I'm going to come close to this I think. It is accurate. It is non-emotional, not angry or upset. Entirely ture and he earned it.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
More important is the emails you got from them. If they were direct contact you should pass them on to ebay, otherwise they have no knowledge of them or the phone records and it's all hearsay unless he admits to it.
Don't loose them
Okay Cows. Thanks. I'll hang onto this stuff. Its mostly over at this point except that ebay has yet to take action. I'm going to try to keep them on it.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
then he would still be charged a big ebay final sale fee. Am I missing something?

I guess if you accept the refund through paypal then that amounts to a cancellation to ebay
I don't know the specifics of what happens now Gunth (in terms of ebay fees etc). I do know that the money just transfered back into my account. I didn't have to accept it. They must assume that I'd want it??

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Get your math right to be specific, I didn't. $231 should be the difference from $1100. It was $1100, correct. This has gone on now for awhile and I'm getting lost in it but that's not hard for me to do.

beendiggin

Reaction score
Wow. What a post. I'm sorry, Bob. That seller just didn't play by any rules other than his own. I can't believe you had to go through that nonsense. Thanks for being open and posting your ordeal here for us to learn a little something from. I'm glad the forum has shown how close knit we can be. It's nice to see we can rely on each other here for that level of support when we've been wronged. That seller is really dishonest as far as I can tell. His mistakes should cost him, not you or anyone else. It's been said, "What goes around, comes around." That goes for everyone, so you should be up for something good to happen next, and he....well you can imagine. Best of luck in future bottle purchases.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I'm glad the forum has shown how close knit we can be.
Thanks Paul. I think that this post has been something really good that came out of the auction. I have had a blast. Probably way more enjoyment than I could have gotten while staring at one pretty colored bottle with the sun glinting through it on a window sill.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
$231 should be the difference
Cows,
This is the correct amount but this difference came only after I emailed him my phonre number, negotiated pricing (down to $1375), reported him to ebay, and paid for the auction. Only then did the difference between the closing bid and the offer go under $500!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Feedback posted. Special thanks to Billin.

Did not honor winning bid and payment. Wanted more $$$. Also, repair not listed.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter