Ebay dilemma

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I am still waiting for some action from ebay regarding seller non-performance. I assume the process is very slow. I will remind them weekly until I get some answers.

druggistnut

Reaction score
Brown never sells a colored hutch unless he got a better example.
Funny thing, the guy is a multi-millionaire and I always seem to have trouble with people who have money.
I think everyone should send him a card. Want his address in Tampa?
Bill

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Proving that this is a small hobby community and it never pays to p--s on someone...

Jim G

ORIGINAL: druggistnut

Funny thing, the guy is a multi-millionaire and I always seem to have trouble with people who have money.
I think everyone should send him a card. Want his address in Tampa?
Bill

div2roty

Reaction score
Yea. I was surprised that the individual ratings weren't hit worse. (Those detailed seller ratings). They are all still in the last star.

It takes a bit more than one bad feedback, its based on average. I had a guy leave me negative feedback and all 1's because he claimed a bottle I sold was repaired. I offered him a full refund, including shipping both ways. It was a $35ish bottle that I described as damaged (chipping around the lip, which he said was a repair job), and had 6 pics of. It lowered my ratings to high 4.8s, but I do have 65 ratings. Its one of the reasons I haven't listed anything since. The guy was a real jerk about it. I didn't get online for about 40 hours (because of work and my Dad being in the hospital) and the guy had sent 3 emails complaining. Each one got more and more threatening. Ebay hasn't been worth the hassle for me as a seller since. All that over a $35 bottle too. Blobbottlebob's case shows how buyers get screwed by online transactions. I've heard many cases of sellers getting screwed by online transactions. I often find cheaper bottles at shows (if you hunt hard enough). I've even bought bottles at shows to list on ebay and make money. The whole internet thing sickens me at times. As a full time antique dealer though it was real helpful selling in the winter months when my shop is slow.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I had a guy leave me negative feedback and all 1's because he claimed a bottle I sold was repaired. I offered him a full refund,
Hey Div2,
Anybody who refunds money for something that the buyer didn't like deserves a positive feedback just for doing it. Sorry you got slammed like that. I've tried pretty hard to list things accurately when I sell but you never know the personality of the bidders (I guess).

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Hey Druggist,
I appreciate the offer of posting his address but I think it wouldn't be nice to harass him (even if he deserves some of it). If he's got a better example, then for sure there may be more of these floating around. That could be good news for me!

ajohn

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Hey Druggist,
I appreciate the offer of posting his address but I think it wouldn't be nice to harass him (even if he deserves some of it). If he's got a better example, then for sure there may be more of these floating around. That could be good news for me!
Oh Bob,we don't want to hassle or threaten him,we'll just let him know that we have a good idea of what he's made up of.And we'll be praying for him[;)] Anthony-J

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Bob do you have a brother named Steve that also collects? Is he on this forum and what name does he go by.Once again sorry things didnt work out for you with this bottle.There are others you'll just have to be patient.Good luck I will keep my eyes open for you for any sodas or beers from your area.Do you have any interest for this bottle?Its yours if you want it. It might cheer you up. BREWERY/C F ROTHACKER AND SONS /PHILADA. A picture of a large male lion lying down. Located right on his nose is a bullseye in the glass it looks like it is part of his nose though.This alnog with some scratches and light interior cloudiness are the onlly issues.A good cleaning would be helpful.I found this bottle when I was twelve years old 38 years ago.My collection of bottles has gone away from the sodas and beers.

96069DB6A2314AE99A8009E03970A308.jpg

Attachments

• 96069DB6A2314AE99A8009E03970A308.jpg
    96069DB6A2314AE99A8009E03970A308.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 63

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide