Ebay dilemma

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
That's 79 characters if you include the spaces between words. It seems to sum things up appropriately.. the guy had it commin to him..!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
the guy had it commin to him..!
Yea. He got it the old fashioned way Chuck. I think it is a fair and reasonable feedback. Maybe a bit detached but that should keep me out of trouble.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
What has been killing me about this whole event is how a seller on ebay is apparently not accountable for his own mistake. If he forgot to add the reserve to the listing, it's nobody's fault but his own. The auction proceeded without a murmur of impropriety until it ended. Only then did the seller notice a problem... too late.. you were clearly a victim of injustice, Bob.. that bothers me some.. you have got my backing on this dilemma 110%, bro..

epackage

Reaction score
98.6% isn't low enough for this BS but at least it's something....

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
I`m sorry that it ended up this way for you. That is a great looking bottle, even if it is damaged. It`s too bad that the seller decided to make up his own eBay rules and expected you to go along because he made a mistake. I think that this seller should run for president, he definitely would fit in with all the other crooks in Washington! Hopefully another good hutch pops upon eBay from an honest seller that you`ll be able to get that will make this citron one look like doggy doo. Maybe a panelled one from Wisconsin in puce with dark green swirls and a full label on the back with a picture of an indian in a canoe and the same picture embossed on the front. And rbrown`s computer will crash that week so he won`t be able to bid against you! If you`re going to dream, you might as well dream big!

D517F84F276441399AEAFB5ECBC24ED6.jpg

Attachments

• D517F84F276441399AEAFB5ECBC24ED6.jpg
    D517F84F276441399AEAFB5ECBC24ED6.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 60

Wangan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

If you dont accept the bottle I will keep an eye peeled for you if I see another one.
Wow. This is more than I have a right to ask for. I'd pay you a finders fee!

I have given the heads up on wanted bottles to other members here before and only ask the same in kind when I am looking for one myself.

Wangan

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

.(Seems he got rooked and wants to get out from under his bad buy).
Funny, but I may have been the one that rooked him (as the underbidder in the original auction).

What I meant was he got rooked buying a damaged bottle for more than it was worth if what he says he paid for it is true,if you can believe that.[8|]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I have given the heads up on wanted bottles to other members here before and only ask the same in kind when I am looking for one myself.
Cool. Thanks. I doubt citron hutches come around very often, but heck, there has to be a few out there somewhere. Thanks again!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Your feedback made it on for this guy. I looked at some of the other feedback mentioned in this string. Why would someone post positive feedback but say the guy failed to mention two large lip bruises? If I elected to keep the bottle under those circumstances, I would have left no feedback at all.

Jim G

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Your feedback made it on for this guy.
Yea. I was surprised that the individual ratings weren't hit worse. (Those detailed seller ratings). They are all still in the last star.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter