Ebay dilemma

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Number 2. See what I mean right smack on his nose!!

E220DC7E7ADA463C9420669FDAC7DC1B.jpg

Attachments

• E220DC7E7ADA463C9420669FDAC7DC1B.jpg
    E220DC7E7ADA463C9420669FDAC7DC1B.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 63

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Number 3

F14835B515744501809CC6CB0C53382E.jpg

Attachments

• F14835B515744501809CC6CB0C53382E.jpg
    F14835B515744501809CC6CB0C53382E.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 64

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
I found this bottle when I was twelve years old 38 years ago.
Steve,
This is such a generous offer. Thank you. I really appreicate it. This bottle was found by you when you were twelve and it is part of your bottle-collecting history and its cool. No way, I could accept. Besides that, I am trying hard to focus on the stuff I acquire because both my basement and garage are close to overflowing. I really appreciate the offer though. Very very nice of you.

BTW: My brother goes by the handle mrbottles.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Bob you are to kind you say all the right things................Just come out and tell me the lions not cool and you have no interest Bob..justt kiddddin[:D]

bottle_head9

Reaction score
Good for you Bob.His feedback is down to a 98.6. That alone, would put up a red flag for me.I know it is all done by percent and how many transactions, but I always glance at that number.If it isn`t 99 or above, I pass.That number has got to be bothering him..It would bother me.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
That number has got to be bothering him..It would bother me.
I'm not sure. I would have liked to see a bigger hit. Anybody can sell to a nutbag or two who give you a negative for nothing. If he starts to get more, people will notice.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Just come out and tell me the lions not cool
Ain't no way I could say that. The lion is super cool. I can honestly say that I have no embossed lions in my entire collection. However, this isn't what I collect. That makes it easier to pass on it.

I have been going through boxes and trying to say "Justify me keeping you" to every bottle. If it doesn't fit into my collection, that helps get rid of quite a bit. Then I take them to work and give them away. People like them - less clutter here. Works for me.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Gee Bob.. this place where you work.. are they hiring?? [;)]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Okay. Lets see if this takes . . . My morning coversation with ebay live chat help. Frustration alert for those who get mad easily (DO NOT READ THIS if you are one of them).

10:33:47 AM
agent.png
Rebecka
[/align]Hello, thanks for waiting and welcome to eBay Live Help! My name is Rebecka. I apologize for the long wait; we're currently receiving an unexpected high chat volume. We appreciate your patience and I am glad to have the chance to assist you with your concern today. May I have your name please?[/align]10:35:15 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]I have reported a seller who refused to sell me an item I won in an auction style listing. He refunded the money but i never asked for a refund. I am hoping that ebay plans to take some action against him. Can you tell me the status of my complaint?[/align]10:35:32 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]Sorry My name is Bob[/align]10:36:23 AM
agent.png
Rebecka
[/align]Hi, Bob. I'm sorry to hear your seller didn't want to go through your purchase. Let me review the information you sent to us about them.[/align]10:37:13 AM
agent.png
Rebecka
[/align]Are there other issues you would like me to assist you with before we move on?[/align]10:38:00 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]Thank you. Nothing else today. I tried to file an unsent item thing, but paypal did not allow me to proceed (probably because of the refund).[/align]10:41:58 AM
agent.png
Rebecka
[/align]No problem. Unfortunately, since the seller has already been able to refund your payment, you won't be able to file an Item Not Received case through eBay or PayPal. Claims can only be filed for items where payment was received and were never returned by the seller.[/align]10:43:28 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]I understand. Can - or better yet WILL - ebay take some action against the seller? I played by all of the rules and won an auction. After closing the seller basically says no deal unless you pay me more. This is not right.[/align]10:43:43 AM
agent.png
Rebecka
[/align]Yes. We reviewed your report about the seller and will take appropriate action on them. However, we protect the privacy of our members, so we can't share the results of our investigation with you.[/align]10:44:21 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]I am directly involved in this case and I would appreciate any and all information you give me.[/align]10:44:47 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]BTW I did not authorize the refund. Paypal just accepted it without any consent or action on my part.[/align]10:45:34 AM
agent.png
Rebecka
[/align]I'm afraid I won't be able to share any information about the investigation with you since it's against our Privacy Policies. Rest assured though that the seller will be given the appropriate actions from eBay including giving a warning, canceling a listing, restricting or suspending an account, or removing PowerSeller status.[/align]10:46:14 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]Can you tell me when an action will be taken?[/align]10:47:24 AM
agent.png
Rebecka
[/align]That's also part of the details we cannot discuss with you. PayPal doesn't actually need to ask for your consent to have the seller refund your payment. Once the seller hits the Refund option on your payment, it will automatically be returned to your PayPal account.[/align]10:47:53 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]Can you tell me if action has already been taken?[/align]10:48:49 AM
agent.png
Rebecka
[/align]No, sorry. Like I've mentioned, we cannot disclose any information about the investigation.[/align]10:50:31 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]I appreciate the need for privacy. However, I feel abused by this seller. He basically gave me a one fingered greeting using ebay and I would like to see some just rewards come right back to him from the tool that he used - specifically ebay![/align]10:52:04 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]AS you can imagine. Telling the victim of abuse that you will not inform them of anything - might just have the opposite effect of a warm fuzzy feeling that ebay is standing beside my rights as a buyer / seller/ ebayer. . . [/align]10:53:15 AM
agent.png
Rebecka
[/align]I understand your frustration and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We won't be able to give you anything about what actions will be taken, how and when they will be given to the seller after we are done with our investigation. I can assure you though that we do take these reports seriously and if the seller has been found to be violating eBay policy, it could affect their eBay activities temporarily or even permanently.[/align]10:56:46 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]If this seller did not vilated ebay's policies, then they have no policies. I will continue to monitor this seller. I am looking for VISIBLE results that action has been taken. I will not be happy with ebay if they let this go quietly into the good night. THIS seller abused ebay / paypal and me. If he had any decency, he would have honored the sale whether he liked the price or not. Because of that, I feel that SOME action is required. I can continue to ask for this regularly - or perhaps you guys could take some action and let me know you have taken some action. [/align]10:59:00 AM
agent.png
Rebecka
[/align]I'm sorry you feel that way. I hope you understand that I'm just abiding by our Privacy Policies on this matter. You can monitor the seller's activity if you want but we will not be able to provide you any information about what sort of action was taken on them even if you ask us for it everyday.[/align]11:00:42 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]Why is an abusive seller's privacy more important than an abused buyers? I am directly involved in this case. I agree I do not get to decide what ebay's actions will be. However, is it some major privacy violation to email me that SOME ACTION / AN ACTION has been taken against this seller?[/align]11:01:16 AM
agent.png
Rebecka
[/align]We're not siding with anyone, if that's what you're concerned about. We simply cannot disclose the information that you are asking for.[/align]11:02:07 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]Can you ask someone who such authority if it would be wrong to report back to me when your investigation is complete?[/align]11:03:31 AM
agent.png
Rebecka
[/align]I'm sorry, even our supervisors will not be able to give out that information either. It would be against our Privacy Policies. Legal action may be taken against us if we don't abide by those policies.[/align]11:05:43 AM
user1.png
blobbottlebob
[/align]I don't get it. I really don't. If you give me no details, how have you given me anything that could be considerd remotely confidential. I already know more about this case / this seller / than I could ever possibly want to. I can't see any harm that I or this seller could inflict on ebay if you tell me your investigation is complete.[/align]

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Gee Bob.. this place where you work.. are they hiring??
Chuck. If you came to town, I would put in a good word for you right now. However, if its bottles you are after, next time you're in the Milwaukee area, let me know. I'll give you a case of bottles because you are the best, Chuck. You deserve 'em.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide