ebay/paypal/fees

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Oldihtractor

so get this 10 plus years on ebay sold over 3500 items and dollars to the tune of 300K less say 12% of 35K that ebay has no problem taking.. so after all this in the last evaluation period i didn't sell a lot .. a couple people said my shipping time was slow.. forgive me if i have a life and don't run to the post office the minute the auction ends.. so they hold my paypal account for ransom not letting my funds go till the item delivers or even later in some cases.. that was 15 days ago and i still have yet to be able to touch ant money and over 30 items have delivered.. who's paying the intrest on the money to the tune of 5K that they have ben holding.. and after 10 days of calling ebay support nothing has changed.. EBAY SUKS.... but where else can you sell for the kind of $$ generated there..
John do they hold the money because they are high dollar items, I don't sell the big money stuff you do so I've never had anything held by them. I know you sell some high dollar bottles and farm stuff, it sucks that they would hold any funds after all the years you've been selling...

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: splante
***notice how paypal hits you at 2.9% on total including shipping (double dipping)
This is exactly why I overestimate the shipping by a pound or two when listing, when you pay online and type in the actual weight you're paying less because of the lighter weight and the discount for printing you label online(and you don't wait online at the PO, just drop off your packages). Like I said I add $1.50 handling, just enough to make your money back on the shipping fees but not too much to make buyers complain...

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I hate paying taxes as much as the next guy, but why should I be able to sell for free while the guy up the street has to pay taxes on the items he sells, so I have to disagree with Matt in that sense.

I never said you shouldnt pay taxes, I just said I think ebay will eventually report all sales to the IRS. Currently it only reports them at a certain threshold.

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

I hate paying taxes as much as the next guy, but why should I be able to sell for free while the guy up the street has to pay taxes on the items he sells, so I have to disagree with Matt in that sense.

I never said you shouldnt pay taxes, I just said I think ebay will eventually report all sales to the IRS. Currently it only reports them at a certain threshold.
Sorry Matt, misunderstood you I guess...[;)]

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I dont think I have paid a listing fee in a few years, you get so many a month free I believe.

I must be doing something wrong because I only sell a few items and they charge me listing fees.
Maybe because I havent updated turbo lister??

diggerdirect

Reaction score
I dont consider paypal double dipping, they charge a fee on the total amount of the transaction, the money that changes hands with them as the middle man, and 2.9% is not a bad rate, comparable to any other merxchant account & actually cheaper than many in the long run.
However on a 10.00 sale that .30 cents is another 3% making it 5.9%, much less attractive.
But ebay IS double dipping, it is a crock that they now take a cut from shipping charges, thats between the seller & buyer way I figure it.

I had paypal out of the blue hold funds awhile back, wasnt a large amount either, when I finally got ahold of someone I could understand they said it was a random thing? lol, up to 21 days it said. Once package was delivered and buyer was happy,(about 6 days after auction closed) I had to call a half dozen times before they unfroze the money, not all my balance was froze, just the amount for the one transaction. Strange. I figured maybe it was something to do with the buyer.

Al

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: AntiqueMeds

I must be doing something wrong because I only sell a few items and they charge me listing fees.
Maybe because I havent updated turbo lister??
Auction-style listings—basic fees

What you get for free

Insertion fees for your first 50 auction-style listings per calendar month are free (exclusions apply).

Buy It Now is free when added to your 50 free auction-style listings a month (exclusions apply).

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Insertion fees for your first 50 auction-style listings per calendar month are free

ya I understand, but turbo lister says I'm paying an insertion fee when I list items.
Maybe ebay isnt actually charging me even though it shows up when I list it?
I will have to check the account

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
Insertion fees for your first 50 auction-style listings per calendar month are free

ya I understand, but turbo lister says I'm paying an insertion fee when I list items.
Maybe ebay isnt actually charging me even though it shows up when I list it?
I will have to check the account

I checked the account. It appears the way it works is they charge you insertion when you list the item but then they later subtract it as a promotion.
I guess there are probably accounting reasons to do it that way. Ebay can probably deduct promotions from their taxes or something like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bearybottlebaby1776