Estate Sale finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

truedigr

Reaction score
You did good for the prices. The best out of the bunch is your favorite, the hobnail coffin. Two have sold on Ebay in the past month, one for $108 and the other for $128. The others are pretty common, but nice for $3 a pop. The cobalt / Poison Not to be taken / is a British bottle. The owl w/ label appears to be machine made, probably late teens to early 20's. My estimate on that one is about what you paid, maybe a little higher. The others are right around $10 a piece. These are just estimates. Robert

RocketTrumpet

Reaction score
I actually got all of the bottles pictured and a couple other newer ones for $15 for all of them. Thank you guys so much for the info, I had no idea that one bottle would be worth that much! I'm a medical student so I've just started collecting medical items to put on a shelf in my office some day. I've enjoyed looking at other people's finds, so I'll continue to read and post when I find something new. Glad to have found this place!!

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
how do YOU PEOPLE come up with these great finds! send some luck my way please.

by YOU PEOPLE im mean the lucky fellers who find the good stuff.

RocketTrumpet

Reaction score
I just found the listing that you were referring to: www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&hash=item1e6ff4942b&item=130727318571&nma=true&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&si=OCdyEOI5Z2hFDm2MYEjCV5kDku8%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

It didn't even occur to me that it was coffin shaped, how cool!!

madman

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RocketTrumpet

Hobnail cobalt poison bottle. My favorite one

F8AE34A6DC674F7DA19DB68E0BF21CDA.jpg
ha 3 bucks? ya done good!

botlguy

Reaction score
Hey Daniel, welcome to the Forums. You did great and I applaud you for starting a collection that relates to your profession. I have always wondered why everyone didn't collect stuff that related to what they with so much of their time.

Stay around and post when you can, I suspect this will be somewhat of a stress reliever.

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Welcome. You did very well indeed. The KU-18 coffin was your best score indeed. The KT-8 (the amber poison) is worth about $15 or so and the KT-9 (Triloids) is worth about what you paid for it as it's very common. The Enlish poison (dont have my books with me so cant say much about it) but I'm sure it's also common and worth about $5 as most of them like this are. The cobalt with the label....is it embossed or just has a label? If just a label, then it's worth what you paid for it as it's a general use bottle, aka: a "slick".

But all in all, you did wonderful. Wish we had your luck.[:)]

RocketTrumpet

Reaction score
I can't remember about the bottle with the label on it, I'll have to check when I get home today. What do the KU/KT, etc numbers mean when you all reference bottles. Is that from a specific book? If so I need to get one of those and any other books you all think would be relevant to the types of bottles I collect.

And thank you all for the encouragement. It will be/has been a stress reliever from all the studying :)

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93