Evening Dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
I couldn't resist any more, so I went back to the site of this past Sunday's killer dig. The results were quite favorable. I got ANOTHER Royale Dairy cream-top pint, plus an embossed quart Royale. Thought I might have had yet another cream-top pint, but it was busted [:(] Other finds were another Glover's Imperial, a glass lid, and lots of common-but-cool Lysols and cobalts. This is a HUGE dump, I'll never live long enough to dig the whole thing, but I'll have lots of fun trying [:D] I'll be back! Jim

Vt58866.jpg

Attachments

• Vt58866.jpg
    Vt58866.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Vt58866.jpg
    Vt58866.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 61

Jim

Reaction score
I LOVE Royales [:)]

Om33394.jpg

Attachments

• Om33394.jpg
    Om33394.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 76

dirtflicker

Reaction score
I love the embossed Milks.....SUPER COOL!!! Whats the dark amber med to the left of them with the cork still in it?? Looks like a Glovers Imperial Mange Medicine???....a nice veterinary bottle.....WELL DONE!

DF

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, DF. I just wonder how many more of those milks are in there! The Glover's is my second one in a week. The pic makes it look like a cork, but it's a screw top with the cap missing. It has an applicator-type lip with a small hole. A corker would have been nice, but I'm not complaining [;)] Still a cool bottle, I had never dug one until these two. Jim

Haldy

Reaction score
Jim:

Another impressive dig! I think I must have been your "good luck charm". Save some of those good bottles for the next time I get up there. Was Gene with you for this dig or were you solo? Congratulations again!

Denny

madman

Reaction score
hey jim, great dig! those milks are sweet!! looks like 20s on the bromos and vicks, they clean up nice, look good in the window,what makers mark do the lysols have? happy hunting mike

swizzle

Reaction score
I bought a glover's in a box lot this year and did a little research. It's not a veternarian med its actually for people. I imagine it was safe for dog's too. I look those amber meds. and researching them makes me laugh my @$$ off. You should read the label on the 2 packages of pile cure that I bought yesterday and the uticure. Part of that is worded "for diseases peculiar to woman". Those labels are a blast. Jason

Jim

Reaction score
This was a solo dig, Denny. I'm hoping to meet up with Gene tomorrow. I'm sure there will still be thousands of bottles here for many years [:D]

Mike, the Lysols are about a 50/50 mix of Whitall-Tatum and the ones with a B in a circle. Also one with a keystone (Knox Glass). There are a lot of Whitall-Tatum bottles here. Almost all of the cobalt is made by Maryland Glass (M in a circle). I figure this dump dates from the 20s up to about 1938 from the stuff I've found. The embossed milks are Owens-Illinois products from the 30s.

I think I remember seeing an old Glover's ad one time that mentioned something about "for man or beast". I'll see if I can find where it was. Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause