expensive bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

scbottles*

Reaction score
Pat I am pretty sure Mike said the blue fish bitters sold for $105,000.00

appliedlips

Reaction score
Jamie, I believe the Harrison's sold in the $30,000 range.. That fish bitters is crazy. I like some bitters but it seems crazy to me that two bitters have topped the prices in recent years ( atleast the ones made public).. Funny how the market works. Being a lover of history I can not understand flasks not being heads and shoulders above the rest in terms of price. I guess it doesn't matter but I'm not bidding on either, just find it interesting.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: scbottles*

Pat I am pretty sure Mike said the blue fish bitters sold for $105,000.00

I heard it was 6 figures also !
That seemed a little high to me considering there are two known in Cobalt .
But , you know how stories go ........ next week it will have sold for a Million !

baltbottles

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: appliedlips

Jamie, I believe the Harrison's sold in the $30,000 range.. That fish bitters is crazy. I like some bitters but it seems crazy to me that two bitters have topped the prices in recent years ( atleast the ones made public).. Funny how the market works. Being a lover of history I can not understand flasks not being heads and shoulders above the rest in terms of price. I guess it doesn't matter but I'm not bidding on either, just find it interesting.

I agree with you Doug I just think it comes down to the fact that no really rare early flasks in a good color and in perfect condition have come up for sale in the past few years. Ther have been some really nice ones but nothing just mind blowing.

Chris

coboltmoon

Reaction score
Hello, I had heard a story about a million dollar artic beer bottle a while back. I did a google search and found this link. There is some good bottle history.

http://blog.seattlepi.com/whatsontap/archives/119903.asp?from=blog_last3

The bottle really sold for about ½ million and was full. There are some whiskey and other spirit bottles that have sold more with contents.

There is something fishy about the cobalt bitters story.[&:]

appliedlips

Reaction score
Chris, your right and I imagine some have sold privately for big money. Other than the killer Connecticut flasks Norm Heckler sold awhile back nothing too crazy has shown up.I'd love to see a Mantua Jackson,or similar mold show up in a crazy color, or even amber for that matter.

Cobaltmoon,That beer was a scam, and was worth a few hundred bucks.. You are right about full bottles of wine but those are not bought for the bottle.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause