extremely rare TEAL! chero cola bottle!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Good score, Spencer. I've never seen a teal Chero myself. Very cool. ~Jim

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Spencer, That is a great score. I saw one sell at a bottle show for $100. Don't remember where it was from but it sold just the same. Great lookin bottle.

Jim

Reaction score
Definitely a keeper. If you would sell it, even for, say $150-200, you'll still kick yourself in the a$$ later when you want one and can't find another. I know from experience [&:]. Sold a good local medicine and got killer $$ for it. Now I want it, and don't have it. Never again! They print $$ every day, but they don't make these rare glass beauties anymore. ~Jim

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
yeah i gotcha jim, i dont plan to sell it, i may never find another one, this is a killer addition to ANY soda collection, i have another that is supposed to be coming in the mail in a couple days, im not too sure about it though, ill see it when it gets here, i cant wait, maybe itll be teal! but the picture i looked at just looked like a really deep aqua, either way a really dark aqua is a pretty rare color too, most are just plain jane aqua, green, or clear...

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hey Spencer -

known colors that chero's come in now are clear, aqua, green, citron, sun colored, and teal

I don't see a mention of 'ice blue' which is a common color for a lot of sodas. The Chero (I got) when I dug w/ Zane last is ice blue. I'll get you a pic when I get back from vacation.

Your 'teal' above looks very ice blue to me. White backgrounds are very important when dealing w/ color, which is something to think about if you're adding pics to your book.

I have a clear Richmond, Va. variation (w/ pic) on my 'For Sale' site. I add this because I don't see it on your city listing. There must be a good many from Va. but I really don't pay much attention to them. I can PM you w/ a local soda man to give you a list.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
thank you meech, that would be great, and i would love to see your ice blue chero, and could you post a pic of the richmond chero too? most of my listings have came off of ebay, and alot of the others came from other books, and some are mind and some are other peoples

if the guy you are talking about is Mike Elling, ive already talked to him, he wasnt much help, he just tried to sell me a list of everything he had in his collection....

wonkapete

Reaction score
Spencer, I always liked the bottles with Chero Cola written in script. I'm sure you have some of those?

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
i have a angled script one from birmingham, alabama

the story behind the script bottles is that they were the first bottles,

the horse shoe script bottles were first, in 1912, then the angled script bottles, in 1913, then came the 7 oz. block letter,in 1914, in 1916, they changed the bottles to 6 1/2 oz. block letter bottles, then 1923, the first chero-cola twist bottles were used, 1927, embossed Cher O twist bottle was used,

hope this helps everyone date their bottles[;)]

quarrylizard

Reaction score
dont know if this one is just blue or teal,but its from middlesburro kentucky....

AAAF5A08AB374CA9AD65BB1E059BBF89.jpg

Attachments

• AAAF5A08AB374CA9AD65BB1E059BBF89.jpg
    AAAF5A08AB374CA9AD65BB1E059BBF89.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 75

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member