Finally a chance for non acl/milk finds.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
40-50' away from what we thought might be the privy we found part of the foundation and on the backside of the foundation we found this. Looks like a square pouring of cement with a cap. The cap is slightly off and you can see shiny glass in there with a flashlight. No idea what this thing was. it's embedded into the side of a small hill. Going to open this on Sat when we go back.

FD4F6482AA3E4BCB81323B033938B32A.jpg

Attachments

• FD4F6482AA3E4BCB81323B033938B32A.jpg
    FD4F6482AA3E4BCB81323B033938B32A.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 65

ironmountain

Reaction score
last one. looks like the pics are too closeup...i'll get better ones saturday.

5633C20AD84D4F0E99662DEE30420CAE.jpg

Attachments

• 5633C20AD84D4F0E99662DEE30420CAE.jpg
    5633C20AD84D4F0E99662DEE30420CAE.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 69

MichaelFla

Reaction score
I was expecting a surface dump on the edge of a creek with truckloads of OP bottles.

ironmountain

Reaction score
the truckloads of bottles are covered by the jungle that was knee deep. didn't have enough time to go hacking through all of it to find them. Literally had to wade through the foliage and peel apart grass just to see anything on the ground. It was slow going until he came wiht the tractor and told us about the location of the hotel.
That's where we found the cement stuff and started digging around them. Then friend had to leave and since I can't drive (epilepsy), I was on his schedule.
We're going back Saturday morning to spend the day there. The neighbor owns the farm on the opposite side of the hotel and came over to jaw for a few and gave us permission to go to his property and dig. We'll see what we find. I could probably had a truck full of shards today...Saturday will be opening up and seeing what's inside and if that's a bust, whacking the jungle with my scythe to a more respectable level.

ironmountain

Reaction score
MichaelFla--The surface was the hard part to get to. The old guy said "Oh , in march when the stuff hasn't come up yet, the banks are shining with so many bottles". Instead of spending the 2hrs friend had wading through and tearing up the jungle, we decided to explore where the owner told us where the hotel was. that's where we found the two cement/rock structures and the one wall foundation area(was just the footing)...

Hopefully Sat. after we get into those 2 spots, we'll have time to break out the scythe and clear that area out so we can actually see bottles. The broken bottles we did find were sticking butt up out of the ground. Otherwise, just shards and some generic food bottles.

Rockhounder55

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: ironmountain

thanks. I have quite a bit of old newspaper. I also have a bag of shop rags made of old clothes. Hopefully it turns out to be a good place. I might have to empty a cpl of the wife's rubbermaid storage tubs just in case.

Old socks work pretty good also for protecting bottles during transport. Keeps them from banging into each other. ~Mike

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2