First Codd !!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Stopped in my favorite olde bottle shoppe and there it was, all alone in a sea of blobs and crowns.. I was immediately seduced, never even having seen one in person before.. really I think a spell was cast on me.. I don't even remember paying for it.. [8D]

4D89D4ECBBE04CB4931BA2E01EC2248E.jpg

Attachments

• 4D89D4ECBBE04CB4931BA2E01EC2248E.jpg
    4D89D4ECBBE04CB4931BA2E01EC2248E.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 73

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Yeah the marble is awesome.. has some swirly amber streaks in it.. I just figured out you can make some really trippy sound effects by causing the marble to gently tap the side of the bottle.. need to dust off the 4 track..

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hello Charlie,

Great Blsck Friday Blackpool Codd! How wonderful to have ye olde bottle shoppe to visit. What is all the embossment? Is that an eagle with a radiation symbol in his beak?

radiation_warning_symbol.svg.png

Don't mind me I'm fulla leftovers.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I didn't see the rad hazard sign until the check-out girl mentioned it.. she managed to raise the curiosity of everyone in the vicinity of the register, leaving me in the awkward position of having to explain the nature of the design of this bottle.. although satisfied with my description of the Codd patent and it's intended performance, I think most of them are presently lying in bed wondering what the devil a radiation hazard symbol was doing in the beak of a bird on a codd bottle..
..it is embossed: MINERAL WATERS .. E.L.NEWSOME'S Ltd ..trade mark.. BLACKPOOL

..repro? it just seems so new...

capsoda

Reaction score
It is not a repro or fake but it is fairly new. It was made in India where it is legal to use them. There is a guy in Pensacola, Florida with two cases of them. He has been selling them one or two at a time.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
So that is a radiation symbol then?[:D] I've heard of newer codds from India, but never made the connection to this bottle....How weird is that? That they would still have codd bottles...Well I suppose the connection to the English and all that... Joe

glass man

Reaction score
LOVE THE MARBLE EVEN MORE THEN THE BOTTLE! WAY TO GO BRO. CHARLIE!

WERE ANY CODD BOTTLES MADE IN THE U. S.? SEEMS LIKE I HAVE SEEN SOME OVER THE YEARS.[&:] MR. JIMI HENDRIX PRIVY DIGGING EXPERIENCE BAND

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday