First dive of 2012

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
RE: Weird shop story.

Love the strories Surface and LC. Caught his tie? He is lucky that it didn't turn out worse. Maybe he was having a breakdown or something? Hey LC, do you still have those hearts?

Our shop had these metal intake pipes that you could sweep the dust from the floor into. Of course, if you put any wood pieces in there that were the right size (too big didn't fit), they would clank and clunk all the way to the bin on the other side of the room. So, it wasn't too infrequent that you would see people cutting big pieces of wood into little ones and then sending them up the intake tube.

LC

Reaction score

Do not have the hearts Bob lol , when Mr C. saw the hearts he took them and walked over to the band saw and sawed them into pieces . Did not seem funny at the time , but I look back on it now and always get a good laugh from it . He had quite a temper but when in a good mood he was fun person to be around .

blobbottlebob

Reaction score

Here's another dorky story for me at that school. (I have lots.)

Remember, I was new there for 9th grade. I was 5 foot two inches and 120 pounds soaking wet. The perfect target for abuse. Well, we got our school pictures back one day and this girl named Linda walks up to my locker and asks, "When are you going to give me your picture?" I had never spoken to this girl but I recognized her from some of my classes. I didn't know what to say so I said the first thing I could think of, "When are you going to give me yours?" She smiled and handed me a picture pre-signed, that talked about how she was looking forward to getting to know me better. I think now I'd be suspiscious of such a note but back then, I was flattered. I thought that it must have taken some nerve to do that and so I asked her out to the movies later. We went on a cute little double date with firends that was entirely tame. We actually watched the movie. At the end of the date, when I was dropping her off, we had a tiny innocent little kiss. Not open mouthed, not more than a half second. Just a peck on the lips really. It was all good and fine.

The next Monday morning, the whole flipping school knew. People were walking up to me that I had never spoken to before and were saying, "Kiss me Linda". I do not recall saying "Kiss me Linda" to her, but I suppose, I couldn't rule it out. More people saw me in the halls and shouted "Keeees me Linda." WTH? I had no idea who these people were or why they were saying this or what Linda had told them. Some of them were smacking their lips loudly and mocking, KEEESS ME LEENDA!" I was totally baffled and bewildered. I was not doing this middle school thing well. Then, at a recess or something, somebody walked over by me. I'd never talked to this guy before either. He stood next to me but looked the other direction and said, "Don't do anything until I walk away. Got it? You didn't hear this from me . . . You've got a sign on your back." I could hardly wait until he cleared out. I reached behind my back and I did indeed have a sign on there. Not surprisingly, it read, "KISS ME LINDA."

LC

Reaction score

Good story Bob , got a kick out of it . School could be brutal at times . Used to play basketball in high school in the gym at lunch time for twenty minutes or so . For a while there was a girl who would sit on the edge of the stage and hold my shirt where I had laid it down . She would sit there and hold that shirt till I would come for it and then hand it to me . Used to embarrass the devil out of me . This went on for a couple of weeks and thankfully she finally quit doing so . I took a lot of heat from the guys over that . I seldom never think about it , but if it pops up in my mind at times , I get a chuckle out of that as well .

LC

Reaction score

I finally told her I was seeing someone at present , and that did it . It was a lie but it beat her sitting there every day like that . Don't know why she did so to begin with . I always thought I was a nice guy , but was no where near the best looking fish in the pond !

blobbottlebob

Reaction score

I always thought I was a nice guy , but was no where near the best looking fish in the pond !
I don't know what you look like LC, but I'm sure it didn't really matter to her. It took guts for that girl to do that! After the "kiss me Linda" event, I never talked to her much anymore. I was pretty rattled by my newfound notoriety but it certainly wasn't her fault. Now that I'm comfortable in my own skin, I kind of wish that I had discussed it with her a bit more. Might have been a good laugh at least. Back then, though, I was new and I wanted everybody to like me. Some did and some didn't and some just saw me as a short little punching bag. [:)]

LC

Reaction score

Now that I sit here and think about it , I would say you are right Bob , that did take a lot of nerve for that gal to do what she did . Never really thought about it at the time. She lives in my county but I have not seen her in ages . Can't change history though .

mf150

Reaction score
Check it out...a cylinder with a sheared valve:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEJGNLTo84

I've actually heard horror stories about a local wealder being thrown 50 yards and smashed against the wall of a shop he was working in. The 50# cylinder fell over and the top broke off. It became a missile.

Tie those bad boys down. NEVER put pressurized gas cylinders in the car of your vehicle with you! That's a real nono.

ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Hey E,
That Exploding tank thing might make a cool video. I won't be filming it but maybe they could make a made for TV movie or something. I really do pack 'em in there and most of the racks I've seen don't keep the tanks from flying out, rather they hold them in slots from bumping one another. Matt's, though, does provide some accident protection.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorginaAc