first finds of the season

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi all! I had a couple free hours this afternoon and stumbled on a old cellar hole with a undug dump out in the woods! I can barely wait to see how this one pans out as the ground still has 3 to 4 inches of frost. I was able to probe parts of the swamp behind the dump as this area was soft.... the mud was full of glass yehawww! I only had a garden scratcher and my probe, I will have to go back when it's thawed with the long handled clam rake. Some of the things recovered are emerald green ground lip saftey valve canning jar, indian restoative bitters, plantation bitters large early case gin, Dr greenes, Hoods sarsaparilla,and a Nathan woods many of the bottles had been broken from years of frost but I know I will get a good one yet! Have a great week! Taz

Jh16853.jpg

Attachments

• Jh16853.jpg
    Jh16853.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 77

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Hey Taz, congrats on the nice finds. A nice way to start off the season. I walked five miles ( at least ) through the woods today, and came up empty. At one point, I was exhausted, and very lost, and came apon a river. I wound up having to walk across some rapids up to my waste in order to get back to my van. I called home on my cell phone to tell them where I was in case I didn't make it across, so they would know where to find my body when it washed ashore. Luckily I made it. No new bottle dumps though :(.

Are you coming to the bottle show Sunday? I will buy that emerald green Safety valve jar from you !! It looks like a winner for sure !!

Bram

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Bram, Wouldn't miss it come hell or high water! lol Wendy and I are gonna bring a box or two of bottles. I am always looking for another ink to add to the collection so am getting rid of some decent bottles that dont fit in... See you for setting up with the boys..... Taz

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Taz, great finds. Those green fruit jars are hard to come by.

Hey Bram, now is not the time to get washed away. I haven't had any lobster bisk or stew or what ever you make for saturday set up yet.

madman

Reaction score
hey taz nice hoods!! looks like youve got a winner!! mike

bearswede

Reaction score
Nice going, Taz...

How far and where in relation to the cellar hole was the dump? I keep coming across these old cellar holes that appear to be immaculate... Not a scrap of trash anywhere!!!

See you Saturday eve...

Ron

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi Ron, There are two sites at this old place, right outback... and about 200' away, the furthest spot looks the richest, it has a 3 sided stonewall enclosure with the open end dumping into a marshy area....... I got kinda bummed when I could not dig the first spot so thats when I wandered off and found this one!! Look like the bottles are from-1870-1920, I did bring home a cool 1917 maine porcelain liscense plate! Quite the rush finding a good dump it's like a bottle show in the ground! See you at the show...

Yw66336.jpg

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
With the day time temps almost 70 the ice is leaving at my new diggn spot! Yesterday Wendy and I probed the swamp for a few behind the dump and came up with these sparkling beautys, Not big price taggers but alot of fun after a frozen winter! Enjoy! Taz

Ay74854.jpg

Attachments

• Ay74854.jpg
    Ay74854.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 65

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Some of the better ones..... A Dr O. Phelps Brown Jersy City, N.J. and it's variant Dr O.P. Brown Jersy City

Bz78750.jpg

Attachments

• Bz78750.jpg
    Bz78750.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 70

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Here is one I bet Sam would like F.E. Stevens, M.D. Pharmacist Main St Bridgeton, Me.

Us54036.jpg

Attachments

• Us54036.jpg
    Us54036.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 76

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause