first finds of the season

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
OOoo ya another favorite, a crude applied lip whittled Mustang Liniment![:)] So far all the big bottles have been broken. Have a good week and see you at the show!! Taz

If10545.jpg

Attachments

• If10545.jpg
    If10545.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 77

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi Andy, yes the bottles are quite clean as they all settled to the bottom of the clay, didnt move and had been soaking in ice cold spring water for 130 years! Most still had the cork in them and had to dump out the contents you could still smell the liniment! Taz

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Hey Taz -

Great looking bottles - I can't get over how clean they look! Your Bridgton med bottle is from Frank E. Stevens, in biz in Bridgton from 1888-1920+. He sold books, bicycles and fishing tackle in his store and he also bottled soda water. I have a later bottle from him that just says pharmacist.

See you Sunday - Sam

Slappy

Reaction score
Very nice finds guys! I went yesterday and located a new site myself. I will post pictures of some good finds later. Gr8 Job! Good Luck!

Unidumper

Reaction score
Beautiful group of bottles, I have a Mexican Mustang Linament bottle in the tumbler right now, hope it comes out as nice as yours looks, they are cool. Thanks for sharing.

Steve

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Well I was back to the swamp probing yesterday! It seems as though the upper dump at this location was burned and is a later date. There are some unusual early canning jars I will go after at a later date but things are still frozen! Grrrrrr! So on went the big rubber boots and in I went, man that water is cold! One good thing though when your hands freeze up they dont bleed as quickly [8D]! I am gett'n pretty darn good with that probe as I can tell if they are broken or whole, in fact with a little more practice I could even read the embossing like brail under the mud.. Well anyway this is what I snagged yesterday, two differently embossed warner's safe cures a peacocky colored smelling salts, a very cool looks to be pontiled whiskey or beer in a awesome green, A Hunt's Remedy and a United States Medicine Co. also recovered was the usual baker's inks and Rawleighs not really worth the photograph.... Well off to dig the old farm dump today I gotta keep them fingers out of the water and let'm heal! haha and happy digg'n Taz

Ec89726.jpg

madpaddla

Reaction score
TaZ:

Great pics and bottles. Havent even found a Warners shard here. Great finds. Keep it comin and keep us posted. Helps me know what I want to search for. Thanks. Madpaddla

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barbudagirl