first finds of the season

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Taz...

Those bottles are way too clean for you to have found them in the mud... or in the ground... [:eek:] So what's your secret? Where are you and Wendy buying these bottles?
How much did you buy them for?[:D][:D][:D]

Only kidding of course!!! I know you guys take your bottle digging seriously...[;)]
That's a nice looking group of digs, Taz... of course, you brought Wendy down to the dump and put her in the water, right?[&:]

Congrats....

Wayne

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Wayne I have been taking a long handled clam rake and "first" taking the old rotten wide pine boards out of the bottom of this swamp , then probing under that! I know there is a plantation bitters in one piece under there somewhere.... I have found just about every maine sarsaparilla there is in that swamp also they are all there but a softball size rock is right next to em... Looks like some kid was playing the monitor and the merrimac haha! I am waiting for ole Limpy to show up hurry up Peter! [&:] Oops here he is have a great day Taz over and out![:)]

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Taz...

I know all about those stubborn rocks!!! Just kneel down next to them and wrap those meat hooks around them and roll them towards you!!![:mad:]

Of course, when you are knee deep in mud, cold water and Ice, that may be a little uncomfortable, but put your mind into it! Put your back into it! Put Wendy into it!!! [:eek:]

Ooooops! ssorry! I didn't mean to say that...[:-]

Anyway, looks like you got a great spot Jim... keep workin it and I will be up to pass some time and blow some bubbles up there... long as the "snappin turtles" leave me alone!!!

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Great stuff Taz. That cold spring water has less oxygen in it so bottles and other relics don't degredate very fast. What a great place to find bottles.

madman

Reaction score
wow taz very nice! those warners are fine!! as well as the rest of the JACKPOT!! mike

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Old Limpy and I found a good vein up to the old farm dump (circa 1910-1945) behind my house yesterday, it still has a 8"-10" frost layer on top but if you get a cavity going you can get in, I recovered several Dr Swett's ACL rootbeers, emerald green sunset ACL sodas with a girl in bubbles w/swimsuit on, Auburn, Me. ACL milk Goodwin Farms South Paris Me. Moxies and others... The photo in this post are some of my favorite trinkets also recovered yesterday, two blue poisons, a lay on it's side old style "Japan" baby milk bottle, and the real prize a two piece complete and functioning canary bird whistle trainer!!!![sm=rolleyes.gif] Well thuts all I gut to say bout that.. haha Happy digging.... Taz

Db84738.jpg

Attachments

• Db84738.jpg
    Db84738.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 66

bottlediger

Reaction score
I have that little white milk baby bottle, I always thought it was a toy or a candy container in the shape of a baby bottle

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
I was out just putzing about with the probe today and decided to take a little look at a banking at the edge of a field near my home ...Yup there it was old metal junk and a few broken shards, I went to the top of the hill and saw this what looked to be broken bottle covered with moss I was just about ready to "fling" it out of there when I saw what looked to be a ground lip, I pulled the moss back gently and saw this embossed jar! Surely it has to be cracked or chipped... nope el pristino! Another fine start to the season! And this is the honest truth wayne!!!! haha Wendy saw it half fulla roots! Happy Taz [:)]

Mk27707.jpg

Attachments

• Mk27707.jpg
    Mk27707.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 71

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member