Flask from the past

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ILUV2DIG

Reaction score
What a super flask! Could ya post a pic when it all cleaned up?

Brains

Reaction score
indeed- not a common insulator. Not super valuable, but i've only ever found a third of one in all my hunting.
Good find yo.

coldwater diver

Reaction score
What a super flask! Could ya post a pic when it all cleaned up?

Thats about as cleaned up as I can get it if you mean the larger one it literally is in 3 pieces and the 1/2 pint is pretty clean for the most part. Its to bad about the pint, even broken it still is nice.
Bob I hope you have a good season, be safe and watch out for boaters that dont know what a dive flag is. My season will be winding down as summer comes on and the kids are out of school. Brains I dont collect insulators so if your interested let me know.

justanolddigger

Reaction score
That half pint is fairly rare even here in Michigan, it would bring a pretty penny. I have only seen one & that was 25 years ago. Michigan collectors pay well for their rarer home state stuff.

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Nice finds Kevin. I'm HOPING to dive tomorrow. :0 You know how that goes.

I still cant believe you found those 1000 miles from their home. How random is that? I haven't found a small town bottle from the midwest out here, EVER. Some common big city bottles, but nothing like you found there.

Continued good luck buddy

cyberdigger

Reaction score
I'm still in mourning over the bad news about the first one.. I sit by the road and count vehicles driving by, trying to erase the memory of those words.. '3 pieces'.. how it hurts..

coldwater diver

Reaction score
Its Ok Cyber, just think how bad those bottle collectors in Michigan feel. chin up and all that stuff.
Hi Bram, thats a first and a second for me I find local flasks, boston and ny but mid west never. Good luck hunting the vis dosnt look to bad from the rain I hope its going to be sunny for you.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229