Forum lag?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
mine is like --------

3C73D83DAC6C424780C1A206ABF00D8E.jpg

Attachments

• 3C73D83DAC6C424780C1A206ABF00D8E.jpg
    3C73D83DAC6C424780C1A206ABF00D8E.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 66

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

The server is in Virginia I think. Jersey has no straight line to there. You need to be rerouted though Europe, then Africa and to Japan to the US west coast and over. [:D]
Hi Eric, a little help for you determining the route you view the forum from. I have windows 6.1 What ever flavor you use Go to START PROGRAMS ACCESSORIES COMMAND PROMPT Black ICON with a letter C in top left corner. Open the COMMAND PROMPT Program and you should see a flashing cursor in a black window Type the following Command ping (then hit your space bar once) now type antique-bottles.net You should see the following

3E426D01B3294935BA419FCD02AB7798.jpg

As you can see the IP address for this forum is 74.39.251.168 When you use the program http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip/ and type this address 74.39.251.168 in it shows the Domain server in Kansas.

Attachments

• 3E426D01B3294935BA419FCD02AB7798.jpg
    3E426D01B3294935BA419FCD02AB7798.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 64

Plumbata

Reaction score
Yup, been a real pain here in Illinois as well. And I have another one of my "trademark" digging posts to upload shortly too! This forum needs some more interesting fresh content; it's April and people are diggin', so they should all be posting, lag or not! [:)]

Bottleworm

Reaction score
Come on Plummy its fine just down the road![;)] Really want to see what you found!

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I haven't used the command console in a while and never new there was a 6.1 windows. Is that the same as tracert?

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Now with the COMMAND PROMPT window still open and the cursor flashing waiting for the next command type the following tracert (hit the space bar once ) now type antique-bottles.net on the command line you should see tracert antique-bottles.net now hit your enter key and the the trace route begins. You should see all of the Central offices housing servers all over the United States starting in your area. Here is the route my PC takes to get to the ABN forum website. 17 hops with a big problem in hop 16. I start in Woodbury New Jersey and hit about 8 Comcast servers 5 of them in Washington DC, Somewhere between Rochester New York Frontier Communications and Kansas Frontier Communications there is a completely down Domain server at hop 16.

DBBE77E1ECBA48B7B976D5DA3BA1E0FF.jpg

Sorry Eric this last post took 10 minutes to upload yes it is the command you speak of SEE THAT BIG BLANK AREA ON LINE 16 you need to forward this to Rogers web hosting team only they can fix this. A server is completely down probably in New York State. I wish others would use the tracert command and post their paths to see if there is a common bad hiccup. RIGHT NOW THE FORUM SUCKS BIG TIME!!!!!..... I typed this edit yesterday[8D] and it is just showing up now.

Attachments

• DBBE77E1ECBA48B7B976D5DA3BA1E0FF.jpg
    DBBE77E1ECBA48B7B976D5DA3BA1E0FF.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 57

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
It's the 2 word game eating up all the bandwidth..
Charlie may be on to something. There are a lot of off topic posts and pictures, especially the pictures. I couldn't stand it if I was on dial-up or even DSL.
More crap, More crap, More crap.
I think the Playground and the servers may be outdated for keeping up with it all too.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: cowseatmaize

It's the 2 word game eating up all the bandwidth..
Charlie may be on to something. There are a lot of off topic posts and pictures, especially the pictures. I couldn't stand it if I was on dial-up or even DSL.
More crap, More crap, More crap.
I think the Playground and the servers may be outdated for keeping up with it all too. 
ERIC YOU SEE THAT LINE 16 REQUEST TIME OUT that means server point 15 was sending his data packets to 16 and 16 is either asleep at the wheel or turned off OR BLOWN UP. It has nothing to do with usage on the forum it has everything to do with a server being down which is handling ABNs data packets.When a server sends a request and the remote server never responds it is a big issue.Email Roger

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
ERIC YOU SEE THAT LINE 16 REQUEST TIME OUT that means server point 15 was sending his data packets to 16 and 16 is either asleep at the wheel or turned off OR BLOWN UP. It has nothing to do with usage on the forum it has everything to do with a server being down which is handling ABNs data packets.When a server sends a request and the remote server never responds it is a big issue.Email Roger
I doubt Roger has anything do to with it in the UK. It's would be more a US problem. It happens just like after Sandy. I couldn't get in at all then for weeks it seamed. Sometimes it routes one way, sometimes another, sometimes it just doesn't.
Stop the world, I want to get off. [:D] Or does the world stop by itself if a small bit of technology goes awry. If that's the case, it really doesn't matter.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MotherMayhem