Found! Common or Not? Year? Value?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ebelx6

Reaction score
Hi, New to this! Found these while geo caching in Oklahoma near old abandoned homestead. What year are they from? Value? Common? Pepsi, Coke, Dr. Pepper, 7-Up and 2 Blank. 10 Oz No Deposit No Refill. Thanks A Bunch!! Amy! P.S. What a Great Site![;)] Tried to download pics - would not find site - will try again!

digdug

Reaction score
Without photos this is just guessing but, the No Deposit No Return (NDNR) bottles were most widely used by the 1960's and well into the 1970's and early 1980's. If they are the common type, maybe worth a few dollars each. Some of the more desirable are the larger size (16 oz , 26 oz, etc). Coke made a NDNR with a diamond embossed in it with a picture of the contour bottle embossed also. The bottle itself had straight sides. These bottles have gone up in value and have been bringing $5 up to $20. Post a pic if you can and I can give you a better idea. But, more people are collecting the No Deposit bottles and prices have been slowly going up. The blanks are really worth nothing. Hope this helped!

ebelx6

Reaction score
Thank you for your knowledge! I saved the coordinates on my geo-cacher so I will have to return to check out the bottom of the pile for diamond embossed bottles or earlier years! It was six feet long and to my waste. The one's on top that I have, have the numbers 72 43 LG 959 (maybe year '72?) Anyway thanks for your prompt response! I'll try to download pics again! Amy (Reduced the pixel and they downloaded!)

Lj22165.jpg

Attachments

• Lj22165.jpg
    Lj22165.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 84

digdug

Reaction score
Yes the '72' means 1972. Nice looking bunch of NDNR's! Look for any Diet drinks too. (Diet Pepsi, Tab, Diet Rite) They aren't as common either. Isn't GPS technology great! I've got all my best bottle spots locked in, so all I got to do is turn on my GPS and let it lead me right back to the place I need to dig!

ebelx6

Reaction score
Thanks digdug!!! Good Luck and Happy Digging to you!! Amy[;)]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday