found gold

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

athometoo

Reaction score
plumbata , and rockbot i will pick the best and largest size for you (you perfer round or croissant shaped?) weve had a week of rain 12 inches or more . as soon as the river drops i will go back and pick up a 5 gallon bucket of it . there was a rock nearby 6 ft away that was 2ft long and 1 foot wide that resembled petrified wood but looked like the stuff stallagmites(caves) are made of . is that calcite? it had some pyrite chunks in it but was to heavy to hold with both hands already full of chunks . when i go back i will take pics of the area . sam as a kid we picked up chunks of real stuff in creede , cripple creek , and silverton colorado . i have a burlap sack full of those . 2 areas were old mines and 1 was the back side of a famous still working mine . everyone thinks to check the tailings but no thinks to check around the pylons where the cable cars used to bring it down the mountain . at one point me ,my father ,and my son had to take off our socks (they make good gold sacks) because rolling your shirt up off your belly was full .we rolled a 30lb chunk of quartz with gold flakes down the hilland put it beside a tree vowing to one day come back for it with my grandson . good times . miss my son at 4 yrs old he was so sweet . sam

rockbot

Reaction score
Hi Sam. I would be interested in a crescent piece. I would gladly trade with you something. What would interest you?

Aloha, Tony

JGill

Reaction score
Hey Sam cool thread, really enjoyed seeing and reading about all this stuff. I to dabble in rocks, minerals and fossils and I have actually been to the Clavert Cliffs where you can find the sharks teeth and whale bones and other stuff. It's hard to get to unless you come in from the water when I went I climbed down the cliffs maybe 100' but couldn't get back up because they are made up mostly of sand. I finally had to walk down to the nuclear power plant and go under the fence. Lucky me no one saw me. They have a neat park/museum there too.

JGUIS

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: GuntherHess

4CB865CBEB8242B0A3B7D6FEF5C57D3B.jpg
Hmmmmmmmmm
rbwc-eugene-tackleberry.jpg

Just Dig it

Reaction score
I used to volunteer in a nature par In sarasota Florida
They had dug the intercoastal waterway and disturbed the geological record spreading the sand to form the park
One day i had a 6 inch megalodon tooth in my pocket when i came home so happy to go surfing i forgot the tooth when i came home my mom had put the pants through the dryer..
it was so nice of a speciment like a light golden brown turned to dust after it hit the dryer = (

bottle_head9

Reaction score
It survived a million years of heat and pressure, but couldn`t survive your Maytag.What causes that to happen?I don`t know a thing about fossils.[8|]

rockbot

Reaction score
Its Surfing! It seems that surfing and shark teeth have a lot in common. lol, Rocky

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4