Found this license plate...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
I found this license plate on Sunday during a huge dig. (it's in the Digging and Finding category) What is odd to me about it is there is no state and it's a low number and smaller then a vehicle plate. My guess is that it is a motorcycle plate but I am not sure. I did a small search on google and came up with nothing. Do any of you have any idea what it could be off of? The condition is nice for being the ground for probably around 50 years. Thanks![attachment=photo 3(2).JPG]

Attachments

• 37d29ea99f1b47e58ad4b3957647ba33.jpg
    37d29ea99f1b47e58ad4b3957647ba33.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 99

TJSJHART

Reaction score
DID YOU TRY CALLIN YOUR STATE LICENSE DEPT. THEY MIGHT KNOW.

digger dun

Reaction score
Eastern Long Island, metro NYC, Hudson valley NY
It might be some sort of commercial road tax plate. My grandfather worked as a dispatcher for a trucking company, and he gave me a stack of small sized "license" plates when I was young. Some had state names, and others did not.

JohnDeereMoxie

Reaction score
digger dun said:
It might be some sort of commercial road tax plate. My grandfather worked as a dispatcher for a trucking company, and he gave me a stack of small sized "license" plates when I was young. Some had state names, and others did not.
OOOO That's interesting I'll have to search for that. Thanks digger dun!

RED Matthews

Reaction score
I have a collection of old NY and PA plates that an old gentleman put in my boat house. They date back to where the oldest one was printed on leather. Some day I am sure my daughter will be selling them. RED M.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen