FRAUD ON EBAY - BE ALERT !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BTMAMERICANGLASS

Reaction score
My father purchased a nice kimballs jaundice bitters on ebay last week from Williamoric123. However after I looked at the bottle after my dad had posted positive feedback, I noticed that the whole neck had been replaced with the neck from another bottle. William will not return phone calls or emails to resolve the issue. I am asking for help from all of you to help resolve this issue. Maybe if we all contact him and boycot his auctions he will decide to do the right thing $1000! was the purchase price. If anyone would like to help please use Charles Baldwin as a reference name. We dont need people like this on ebay!
Thank you!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Can you post a good photo of the bottle and a link to the auction?
If what you say is true, definately something to take note of.

The first thing you should do is file a formal dispute through the ebay dispute system. It doesnt always work but it will at least document the transaction from your point of view.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Wow, that bottle looks good in his auction photos.
I have bought several nice bottles from you Charles and consider you a respectable collector so I would tend to believe your story. I dont know anything about the dealer in question. It seams like he mostly sells bottles. Not a good way to build a reputation in a close knit community. Hopefully, he will make a smart decision and resolve this correctly.

rlo

Reaction score
ok so what can I, as a forum member never having done buisness with the person in question, do? should I complain to the seller or to ebay. maybe if enough of us shout out, it will be resolved. a 1000 bucks is a lot of money!!

BTMAMERICANGLASS

Reaction score
Dont get me wrong folks... I dont want anyone driving by his house and throwing rocks, But if we all stand as a comminuty and voice our opinions directly to him. Hopefully he will make the right decision. Both my father an I will certainly appreciate it

THANKS !

Dan Baldwin

GuntherHess

Reaction score
Sorry Dan, I assumed incorrectly it was Charles posting here.
Maybe if the seller could be invited to log on here and discuss the problem he would see that its in his best business interest to do the right thing?
Was the repair/reconstruction obvious? Something the seller might of missed if it was not examined closely?
How much time have you given him to respond (just in case he is out of town or something?)

BTMAMERICANGLASS

Reaction score
we started calling his house on Sat morn, Left several messages, and several emails. He has been bidding on ebay throughout the weekend so Im pretty sure hes home.

The repair was done well. however he represented the kimballs as brian Conant collection. I personally held the Conant kimballs when Norm Heckler auctioned it 2 years ago. I doubt norm missed it as well as anyone else you previewed. I beleive it was a direct misrepresentation of the bottle to sell it quickly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday