Freys Vermifuge Baltimore Pontil Med- Holy Moly

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
The original sold for $666.66?!? Why does that smell like scam to me. What are the odds of hitting that number?

Jim G

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: saratogadriver

The original sold for $666.66?!?    Why does that smell like scam to me.   What are the odds of hitting that number?

Jim G
It may or may not be, the reason is after $500 the bid increments increase at $10 per bid. The number two bidder had a High Bid of $656.66, so even if the winner had bid $700 his bid would only show up as $666.66. I think it's just a coincidence and the High Bid is legit in my humble opinion. I have bid "odd amounts" in the way of cents in the past many times, it has won me a few things over the years...

epackage

Reaction score
Turns out the seller did pay and here is the e-mail from the seller...

Dear epackage02,

Hi, I listed this for a friend of mine which is a bottle collector so the auction is legit but we had no idea it would go for this and the buyer did pay for the bottle. Thanks

- chrome-a-zone

baltbottles

Reaction score
The pontiled Freys' Vermifuge are scarce when compared to many pontiled medicines that bring decent money. But I consider them to be one of the more common Baltimore pontiled medicines. I wouldn't mind a C.P. rogers worm Mixture if anyone has one they would part with... Or a pontiled Browns vermifuge.

Chris

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
I saw several at the Baltimore show. Definately not rare. I agree with your '$100 at best statement'

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Thats just crazy, some people have more money then brains. The last I saw it was at $202.00 and thought thats to much for that.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday