galvanized funnel thing

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JohnN

Reaction score
I don't have a clue, but for some reason I get a chicken feeling. Not sure what you would use it for, but just sayin'.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Looking at it again, I'm thinking it held water. The corrosion present on the bottom petcock and the rustiness on the galvanized sheet iron doesn't seem to jive with it having held oil, unless it was stored upright for years in a dirty and damp environment (dirt floor of barn or something). I'm going with a water-dropper for a big ole-fashioned grinding wheel; that's my final answer. [:D]

andy volkerts

Reaction score
I think Plumby is the closest, Only problem I see is the loop thing on the side near the cone end seems it should be higher towards the big end, so the thingy would hang better, at least I assume that loop thing is to hang it by.........

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I think Plumby is the closest, Only problem I see is the loop thing on the side near the cone end seems it should be higher towards the big end, so the thingy would hang better, at least I assume that loop thing is to hang it by.........
You beat me to it. I was looking at that too and think the narrow part is the top. I still have no idea what it is though.

coreya

Reaction score
Perhaps for a kerosene stove, duel feed lines to feed two burners? The cap looks like some I have seen on old kerosene cans.

digger dun

Reaction score
Eastern Long Island, metro NYC, Hudson valley NY
we have not been able to get the screw top off, so we cant see inside. there is no heat marks from internal soldering visible from the outside, if that's any help. neither petcocks are threaded, and don't even really have a nipple where a hose could be attached.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
Part of a hit and miss?
%21B62rmFgCGk%7E$%28KGrHqEOKiMEyVVGG6I%21BMyg4mqc%21%21%7E%7E-1_1.JPG
FROM EBAY
Yes, different but there may have been thousands of patents for different applications. MikeO would know.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93