Ghosts.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
OK - I had a weird experience right here on this forum in the funny joke, story post. On 12/24/08, capsoda posted a joke.... This joke was one my daughter learned from her grandfather and ALWAYS told when she was a kid. Christmas Eve was the big celebration night in that family, and it was like telling my daughter that he was watching over her and was with her in spirit for the holidays. Why cap? Besides the fact that I think they would have got along really well, my thoughts go to his thumb pictures, as Richard (my father in law) used to have a gimpy thumb from having polio as a child.

I guess it also means that you all have become like family to me.

My daughter cried like a baby when she read the post.

Cap - borrowing your thumb - hope you don't mind!

92E8B10BCDFF4CDA956F083F5DFA41E5.jpg

Attachments

• 92E8B10BCDFF4CDA956F083F5DFA41E5.jpg
    92E8B10BCDFF4CDA956F083F5DFA41E5.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 80

Poison_Us

Reaction score
I got a few tidbits of spookiness. My earliest encounter was as a early teen in the house I grew up in. While the family was away, I was taking a shower. When I was out of the shower toweling off, I heard, distinctly, my parents closet door roll shut. I quickly ran to investigate, but nothing was there.
My 2nd encounter was when I was with my ex. I have heard that sometimes spirits like to leave pennies and such for people to find. The night before the encounter (if ya wanna call it) we were discussing her aunt Lula (or some name similar to that). The next morning, in the living room, was a large 'L' in pennies on the floor. She also has told me other events she has experienced in the house, but I wont share as I did not witness them.

Ghosts don't bother me, even tho I do get the occasional chill while watching the ghost hunters and ghost adventures shows on tv, but these people who seek out such phenomenon openly as they do, should'nt run and scream like little girls when they actually find something.

bottle_head9

Reaction score
This is a story my mother told me.My parents built a house next to a 1800`s cemetary in the 1960`s.I was an infant when we moved in.My parents had a two way speaker system to hear me if I was crying.Mom was home alone doing housework while I slept upstairs. At one point I started to cry.She was sitting at the kitchen table when she heard movement upstairs and a mans voice over the speaker say: Don`t worry I won`t hurt you.I stoped crying.Terrified, she called the police and my dad.She then yelled upstairs that she had people coming.Hearing no movement or response, she crept upstairs to find me awake and unharmed in my crib. Not a sole in the house.I feel that was my guardian angel, because someone has been watching over me all this time.I`ve come out of too many "bad" situations not to have one.

capsoda

Reaction score
Yea Jamie, I remember word for word what we talked about. Funny, most things bounce of my head like rain off a newly waxed car.

glass man

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: capsoda

Yea Jamie, I remember word for word what we talked about. Funny, most things bounce of my head like rain off a newly waxed car.
THAT IS FAR OUT CAP! FIRST TIME I CAN REMEMBER SOMEBODY ACTUALLY HAVING A LONG CONVERSATION WITH ONE LIKE THAT! IN THE LATE 1800S HERE IN CEDARTOWN ,GEORGIA A TEEN AGER WAS STRUCK BY LIGHTINING OR SOME SUCH DURING A STORM. AFTERWARDS SHE HAD UNBELIEVEABLE POWERS. HER NAME WAS LULU HURST AND HER POWERS WERE WELL RECORDED. SHE COULD LIFT MEN IN A CHAIR WITH ONE FINGER AND OTHER UNREAL THINGS. SHE TOURED FOR AWHILE. REAR OR NOT? SOME SAY IT WAS JUST TRICKS OTHERS BELIEVED SHE HAD SUPERNATURAL POWERS. GOOGLE "LULU HURST" TO FIND OUT MORE,THOUGH ONE PLACE HAS IT WRONG IN THAT IT SAYS SHE WAS FROM CEDARTOWN,TENN ,INSTEAD OF GA. BEFORE THE STORM SHE WAS JUST A NORMAL KID! NOT A GHOST STORY ,BUT DEFIANETLY POSSIBLY OF THE SUPER NATUARAL! JAMIE

photolitherland

Reaction score
I dont believe in ghosts or any supernatural anything, if you ask me, its a bunch of hoo ha. Basically anything that happens can be explained when looked at it through rational terms.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krähemijers