Giving the Mid Atlantic and the Northeast a heads up!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PrivyCheese

Reaction score
Steve, you have always done a great job. Its come to the point where I am looking for your forcast before I head to my local weatherman. If what you say is true....I dont know what i am gonna do. Its crazy...Do you have any theory on why this has happened?

The real long term problem is what all this snow is going to do to the local goverments that are already broke.The cost of the snow removal here in Maryland has been astronomical.

God help us all.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Here is a neat satellite photo of the Mid Atlantic area. Look at the snow cover line of demarcation of snow
just near and south of New York city extentending West North Westerly to the Pocono Mountains.
The grayish long area in southern New Jersy between Philadelphia and Atlantic city are the pine barrens
of Cape May,Atlantic,Burlington and Ocean counties.The snow that fell which was a lot had a hard time poking through the pine
trees branches and usually covers them leaving the ground beneath them with a lot less snow.
There was snow on those trees just after the storm but it has melted off now.That is the reason for the lack of bright white in that area.
1FA2F50263D140808EDD13A07AF96B56.jpg

Attachments

• 1FA2F50263D140808EDD13A07AF96B56.jpg
    1FA2F50263D140808EDD13A07AF96B56.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 51

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Here is a link for the Monday-Tuesday storm coming this week and the article talks about the big event on the 22nd to 24th time period.

http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs.asp?partner=accuweather&blog=Meteomadness&pgurl=/mtweb/content/Meteomadness/archives/2010/02/saturday_morning_clipper_next_on_tap_for_snow.asp

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Elliot Abrams writes a nice and clever weather blog wth a twist to words.
Check out this link and his use of double meaning in his poetry.

http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs.asp?partner=accuweather&blog=Abrams&pgurl=/mtweb/content/Abrams/archives/2010/02/you_dont_have_to_shovel_potential.asp

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Good luck with the snow guys. Man, it just seems like it won't stop in the NE.

Surfaceone, that's just plain wrong
11.gif

morbious_fod

Reaction score
Hey Madman looks like we are going to get some good snow Monday and Tuesday, wanna go sledding? LOL! I'm sick of the snow now, and hoping that we only have a month or so left of this insanity. I think in short I'm ready for summer now. No don't stop for Spring, lets just hit summer.

Steve/sewell

Reaction score
Back on February 12th I posted this topic out of concern for the residents of the North East and Mid AtlanticI thought I would revive this as a reminder,
for the impending event that is coming to the Northern Mid Atlantic and a good chunk of New England Thursday -Satarday time period.The thing about this storm is going to be the wind.Damaging wind there will be heavy snow someone is going to get a couple of feet but the storm will be remembered for its fierce sustained long lived winds.The Storm looks like it will be late by one day from the prediction over 10 days ago.Its first impacts will be felt on the 24th. This storm will alter someones beach guarenteed.Accuweather and two of their Meterologists Joe B a s t r d i and Henry Margusity in particular have had an unbeleivable year nailing these snow storms.I read the same charts they do on their site and saw this storm back 11 days ago.While I am only an amatuer weather buff at best if you study the charts and the historical anologs and can interpert the computer models from all the worlds weather agencys you can get pretty good at this.Here is a link for a short video on the latest of the storm.

http://www.accuweather.com/mt-news-blogs.asp?partner=accuweather&blog=Meteomadness&pgurl=/mtweb/content/Meteomadness/archives/2010/02/heres_the_video_for_starters.asp

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28