God bless New Orleans, Biloxi, etc. We are with you!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Pontiled

Reaction score
I want to say how sorry we are over the devestation of the land in Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama. You are not alone in this. We are right with you! Stay safe, secure, and loved! Your collections can be replaced, but you can not.

I'm in North Carolina now, but I spent a lot if time in Biloxi and New Orleans. May God be with you!

Mike

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Mike, I'm with you all the way on the blessings to our friends along the gulf coast.
What do you think of trying to get some bottles donated for an auction with all the proceeds going to the relief? Maybe something special through the Bottles and More magazine?

Let' toss this suggestion out to the other members... I'm willing to donate some pontiled inks and some Stoddard seam sides...

What do you think?

Wayne Godfrey[&:]

relicman33

Reaction score
i dont have to many bottles anymore but ill certainly give up some. they nead all the help they can get.

walkingstick

Reaction score
I moved to Bemidji, MN after the hurricane, from Gulfport, MS. I have been told by my youngins that my collection is still intact, i.e. none broken and all packed up in the containers I put them in before I bugged out. I lost nearly everything else. I will be returning in the spring to fetch 'em and will hopefully be doing some trading with y'all (My Hawaiian Hutches, embossed and ACL soda's for your pre-ABM medicine/cures).

As for now, I am learning how to drive on the ice and have been digging for bottle information (how y'all get through the winter without a dig up here in the frozen north) and folks like y'all.

I have also been trying to figure out how to get my bass lures down to where the bass are located under the ice.

Anyway, my humorous manner of looking at things and situations is keeping me sane ... so far.

Glad I found this site. Thanx to Swizzle for leading me in this direction.

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Wil, At least you had the good sence to bug out. Don't envy you the snow and ice though.

I'm over in Alabama near the coast. We just got a little wind damage and some trees down, not like Ivan going through my front yard at cat 4 and blowing all my out buildings and most of my trees away. Didn't touch my home. Bug out for any thing over cat 1.

Glad you were safe. To bad everyone didn't leave.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Warren...

If you ever need a place to "Bug out" to, you know you have an open invitation to come up here and dive, dig, search, float, fish, hang around, drink beer, eat lobster, jump in the pool, go for a boat ride, drink some more beer, cook steaks on the grill, collect "Holy" rocks, sit on Pam's beach, drink some more beer, sit out in the sun, enjoy the cool atlantic ocean breeze, drink some more beer... [;)]

Isn't that what you have in your survival gear??? more beer???[:-]

Wayne

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Wayne, That would be great but I have my elder peeps to look after. They get kinda hard headed about leaving so you have to nearly drag my dad out of his place. My mom will probable be a little more willing next time.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4