Golden Bitters and PBS Show

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
I will dig until I die or die from it. Let them come near one of my holes.Can you imagine a privy digger digging up some Archy bones 200 years from now,I would put the skull on my bottle shelf as a conversation piece.

m6.gif
"I will dig a skull someday..." [:D]

F80667B7D3EC4D4B9DF16AB0FE6EB121.jpg

Attachments

• F80667B7D3EC4D4B9DF16AB0FE6EB121.jpg
    F80667B7D3EC4D4B9DF16AB0FE6EB121.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 72

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Surface, please use a picture of Eric Northman next time! [;)][:D]

Eric-Northman-eric-northman-9191795-437-348.jpg

Happy to oblige Lauren,

He certainly is the picture of a blood sucking corporate archy type, if ever there was one.

shannon-lark-fangoria-spooksmodel-11.jpg

In response to the first picture, my heart just skipped a beat! Seriously though, the show is great (don't have HBO, though, darnit!), and the books they are based on are great too.

grugirl

Reaction score
I believe anything is subjective. How we view different actions are based on our personal schema. I am a teacher by trade and quite educated, however, it really gives me insight into issues that I otherwise would not have. I try to keep an open mind when it comes to be learned or not. We also have different goals based on digging in general. We may also have a historical reference to these materials but to document also means to preserve and make available the knowledge about such things so others can learn from that.

With that being said, I don't think it is right to say that we cannot dig in any state simply to preserve. Whether it be a hobby, one's own property or an allowable neighbor, I don't think any gov. should have the right to tell you not to do a basic thing such as digging. Controlling bureaucrats are the problem, not the archeologists.

druggistnut

Reaction score
The idiots just tend to be louder and more visible than the rest.

GREAT!

Rick, I really liked the pocket marble blip, he even has both of his hands busy

Bill

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: druggistnut

The idiots just tend to be louder and more visible than the rest.

GREAT!

Rick, I really liked the pocket marble blip, he even has both of his hands busy

Bill

Im glad Bill I really am [8D] Its 4:26 am what am I doing up? [;)]

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
The most disturbing recent development in my opinion is the growth of archeology contracting firms that must drum up new work constantly to stay in business. They are in competition with diggers and will lobby to get more anti digging laws enacted.

True and not. There are for profits that do a good job recording as the go, paying duty etc. and still make a profit. They pay to do what would cost the taxpayers. I guess I'm thinking more of the undersea work there.

The Saxon Gold? I think it was called made the archy's, finders and government happy enough.

We have to remember there are some good ones, like our former archy member, Bearswede. He's a good guy.
Bill Lindsey credit's lots of archy's for his wonderful site. Don't forget them. PS: did anyone see Ron at any of the shows last year?

Nothing is black and white, there's lots of gray area. For the most part though, a farmers back yard dump should be, like the wild hog, open season.

Wangan

Reaction score
Whats ole Bear been up to anyway?I miss that shaggy Viking around here.He would be an Archy they should role model from. Him and Capsoda are some of my favorite members.I havent seen Cap lately either.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnymanty