"Good luck Lauren", "Mayor Tom" and the Holy Grail

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Joe is going to be so happy to hear all of your replies. He's tickled pink about this bottle. I don't think I'd be brave enough to crawl under an old house like that. I guess it's a guy thing! The color is just beautiful. I'll try to get a picture in the daylight. I've googled the bottle, but can't find anything.
Yeah Kate, I would love to go back there. Joe still has to get underneath the front of the porch. I dug a whole that seemed pretty soft after probing. That is where I found the marble and some fragments. It got ashy, but then the guys were so caught up in the bottle, I didn't have any help to dig the rest out. Should I have kept going? I could not find any walls, and didn't know if this was the privy or not. They think there might have been a house there before that burned down, but I'm not sure. Locating a privy is hard. I remembered Rick's video of him probing, and tried to use that technique. I would like to probe it again. I'm so sore today, but I just can never stop digging!

RedGinger

Reaction score
The weird thing about downtown here is that you can just dig in a yard and find a bottle, or fragments. I wonder if that is because they were filled in or what.

RedGinger

Reaction score
Got some good pics of the bottle that show its true teal color. I'll have Joe sort through them later. Had a harder time with the marble. It is white with some purple lines around it. A good find for me!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
What a beautiful bottle... dang!! Congrats!!! Hope you guys beat the wrecking ball and find others down there!!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Thanks Charlie. I'll take some pics and video of the place for you all.

RedGinger

Reaction score
I sure hope the boys want to go again after work today!

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Wow! I'm STOKED for you guys! That is one you'll remember for the duration! Outstanding! Now, go back there and worm around under every part of that place!

glass man

Reaction score
Oh wow! That is beautiful!!! I once crawled under the oldest building here in my town. The building was fixing to be torn down.[though pre civil war and was part of a female academy in the 1850s,folks care little bout history round here] Any way i found some pieces of bottles ,one a broke ss coke. ! crawled to the porch and saw what looked like a stomp of a tree that may have been cut down in building. I did not even check it out.Well I knew the guy that tore the small building down and what I thought was a stomp was a gallon brown cider crock from st. louis,that had gotten buried upside down ,with only the bottom showing! Made me sick and he would not sell to me. Moral:check it all out! GREAT FIND YALL AND A COLOR I HOPE TO GET SOMEDAY! JAMIE

RedGinger

Reaction score
Thanks guys. We are anxious to get back there. I'm proud of Joe for finding it.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause